PDA

View Full Version : Cheap night vision gear

Urban Survivalist
01-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Hey guys and gals
I just whated everyone to know that I had bought my son a pair of Eyeclops night vision spy gear for Christmas. After he opened them on Christmas morning we began playing with them and I was extremely impressed. This toy works better than the NVG's I had in the Army during the 90's no joke. In 100% darkness you can see everything and even read the words printed on objects. I got the Eyeclops night vision for $25 on sale but they are normaly $59.00. Still for a survival situation you can't beat this.

Matt In Oklahoma
01-21-2011, 05:13 PM
got a link??

arcangel911
01-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Found them on Amazon, either the goggles or the binoculars.

However, I have never used them, but it looks like they give off light in order to help maximize it's viewing ability.... is that true?

Urban Survivalist
01-21-2011, 07:53 PM
I bought them at Target. There is an on/off button for infrared light. However you can use it without the infrared and it works just fine. Its funny the other night my son asked me "Daddy can I play with my see in the dark glasses after you" I think daddy needs his own pair.

Matt In Oklahoma
01-21-2011, 08:54 PM
The IR light is what helps you in absence of light say indoors. You do not wanna use it if an oppenent has IR too as it will light you up to them. Only use it in absence of moon/starlight etc.

1Admin
01-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Just like the first night vision sets and a lot of the Russian sets, they likely require constant IR.

RyanMac
01-24-2011, 12:21 AM
I am thinking of getting a few pair of them, as a last ditch effort. My buddy got one for his boy also and he said they give visibility out to 25-30 feet. Not much, but better than nothing. Also, I want to get a set or two of gen 1 or 2 sets from the Sportsman Guide for anyone at my house who does not have a set of their own. Does anyone have a review on them? I think Yukon has makes them?

Personaly, I am saving up for a good pair as sold on here (JRH). The 3rd gen PVS 14's are definitely worth it. Used them in the Marine Corps and can't wait to get a set of my own.

tarheelsman71
03-28-2011, 10:30 PM
I just got my YUKON 5x50 monocular shipped in a week ago. Paid $300 dollars for them. I will buy another set. They are that good. When I was in the Marines they gave us a starlight scope and we got to play with some gen 1 stuff. I was in during the 90's. The Yukon is so much better quality. I was standing outside with my brother in law in the dark and from 60 yards away I could read his t-shirt. Outstanding. One drawback of course is the infrared light. When shined directly at me I could see the red "light" shining at me. The other issue is that is severely affects your night vision. I am right eye dominant and that is also my shooting eye, and what did I do....I use that to look thru the monocular. When I took the monocular away, it was minutes before my night vision came back. But that is my only issues with the device. Other than those it is awesome. In practical use, as a force multiplier, when the SHTF this will do the job very well. My advice, dont use shooting eye to look thru the monocular. If you are watching someone thru the monocular, don point directly at the target and they will not see your red "light". I would say these are about a Gen2+ on the night vision scale. A buddy of mine has a gen 4 set of binoculars and they are absolutely amazing, but I just dont have that kind of chedder to blow on something I cant eat. But the Yukon is a great compromise. takes 2 AA batteries and I have use the monocular for about 30 minutes and the battery is still strong. I am very happy

baldsith
08-14-2011, 02:44 AM
big 5 usually has sales on the night vision monoculars bought one a few years ago....they work ok out to about 50 yards mostly gen 1 stuff...not the best but on a poor mans budget better than nothing at all

puternut
08-25-2011, 03:42 PM
What about the Zeiss Orion 80/I (Fero Z51) Night Vision Scope with Mounts that "COPES Distributing" has for $574.00?

Any good for a poor mans budget??