PDA

View Full Version : 2012- hype, concern, don't care?

Lowdown3
07-19-2010, 10:35 PM
How do you feel about all the 2012 stuff?

Is it hype? Is it a concern? Don't care, don't care, don't care?

Whats your reasons behind your answer?

Personally I must admit I know about the whole 2012 deal other than people say the world is supposed to end on December 21st or so.....

Mental note- stay home around the 20th...... ;)

What's your thoughts on this?

Lowdown3

protus
07-20-2010, 05:52 AM
like you , i pretty much am up in the air about it.
How will it end,,, KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoomm..all gone?Not much i can do about that.
20+ plus years of collapse,take over,and persecution.

or will it be a fizzle like 1999.....

Like 99', i will more than likely top everything off a few days/week before. Watch the news, the net.
Keep my head on a swivel and go from there.
Most large events i personally can not control nor change. So i lean to concentrate on what i can change/control ( i control if im fed,dry and sheltered...) , and prep for the events the best i can, with out going into full retard panic mode.

servingbrother
07-20-2010, 06:42 AM
2012 is simply a trend. There is not going to be an EOTWAWKI. There is coming into power to rule the world Satan and the anti-Christ. Because they want total submission they will incorporate tracking devices (such as R.F.I.D's), control food and money in an attempt to control the people. Anyone opposing them will be dealt with. Because a true Christian will not give in to them, they will become a spark of truth for mankind so they will be disposed of. It will be similar to the persecution of the Jews in WWII. God reveals things to us through patterns found throughout history, including the Bible. That's why it is important to watch the dates on the Jewish calendar, you can't see or watch for prophecy on the Gregorian calendar. According to the Bible, there is at least another 1000 years still in the future. The Bible teaches there is coming an end to Satan's reign on earth, and Yeshua (Jesus in English), will reign as King for a thousand years. Afterward Satan will be released again and there will be a final battle where he will loose. 2012 may just be a beginning.

rockriver
07-20-2010, 08:00 AM
2012, 2013, 2011, 2010!
could we have a tipping point in one of these years. yes.
do i think it is more likely in 2012 than 2013 or 2011? no.
--
is it a reminder that i need to improve my and my families and my associates situation? yes.

Patriotic Sheepdog
07-20-2010, 10:39 AM
There is a theory based on the Mayan calendar where the date is 21 21 2012 an TEOTWAWKI is supposed to occur. I wish I could believe it though because if I had a date that it was going to happen I would use up my vacation/sick time for the year. (LOL) You can search Mayan calendar 2012 and get numerous links. Here is one I pulled randomly for you http://mayancalendar2012.org/2012/2012-end-of-the-world.html

I am more concerned about 11 6 2012, especially if the current prez is running for re-election. I think a good preview of what's to come will occur this November. Watch the markets and economy closely though, I think inflation will win out over deflation. This might not occur though until post 2012-2015.

Rob Taylor
07-23-2010, 03:00 PM
There is a theory based on the Mayan calendar where the date is 21 21 2012 an TEOTWAWKI is supposed to occur. I wish I could believe it though because if I had a date that it was going to happen I would use up my vacation/sick time for the year. (LOL) You can search Mayan calendar 2012 and get numerous links. Here is one I pulled randomly for you http://mayancalendar2012.org/2012/2012-end-of-the-world.html

I am more concerned about 11 6 2012, especially if the current prez is running for re-election. I think a good preview of what's to come will occur this November. Watch the markets and economy closely though, I think inflation will win out over deflation. This might not occur though until post 2012-2015.

In grad school I took a class on Meso-American art with a archeologist who had been in the field translating stuff and he said that was hokum. The Mayan Calander ends in 2012 but the prophesy stuff was tacked on after the fact by New Agers in the 60s. The Mayans did not "predict" the end of the world, but instead saw time as a series of cycles, and this cycle happens to end in 2012. Whether this has metaphysical meaning can be debated, but the 2012 doom trend isbased on people selling books to other people who they know will never bother learning to read ancient Mayan. It's sort of like when Wiccans claim they're an ancient religion, when historically we know it was created in the 1950s.

Rmplstlskn
07-23-2010, 06:20 PM
I, like servingbrother, do not believe the Gregorian calendar has any insight prophetically for me, and I give a rats butt about Mayan calendars, but in laying on the Torah-based Hebrew calendar over our times, then indeed it gets interesting for me... Matter of fact, if a gentleman I greatly respect, a Hebrew Roots teacher named Michael Rood (http://www.aroodawakening.tv), is correct in his calendar work and historical timelines, then we will see Damascus, Syria nuked THIS FALL during a huge middle-east war that will go chem-bio then nuclear as Israel responds. This years YOM TERUAH (Day of Trumpets) and SUKKOT (Feast of Tabernacles) could begin the 7 years of tribulation and the final layer of Daniel's prophecy, the missing 70 weeks and 7 years Sir Isaac Newton searched his whole life to discover, called by Rood, "The Jonah Code.". But we shall see... I am putting it on a shelf and will watch for it to go down as this guy believes it will...

The calculations, timelines and evidence Rood gives to support his timeline is far too complex to list here, as just the Jonah Code aspect of it is 5 DVD's long, but you can find the link to a youtube version below. It is truly a tradition-shaker and in all my 44 years, I have never seen a timeline laid out so strong with so many supporting facts and events. As I said, time will tell, but 2012 COULD be the year before the mid-trib when it gets really intense... Needless to say, I do not believe in a pre or mid-trib rapture... I believe Scriptural history always has "His People" right in the midst of things, to show forth YHWH's power and might, and I do not think the FINALE is any different... We will be called up when all the world sees Him as He descends upon Jerusalem and the Mount of Olives...

wwyd.org / What Would Yahushua Do? Prophecy section. (http://wwyd.org/Prophecy.htm)

Rmpl

Gordon
07-23-2010, 07:46 PM
I think about the worst we will see in 2012 is the predicted increase in solar flares. Hopefully the latter part of 2012 will the lame duck period of the Obama reign.

monkeybird
07-24-2010, 08:49 AM
NASA reports that the planetary alignment occurring on December 21, 2010 is only an very rare interesting pheonomen.

I don't believe in the 2012 hype. I do believe that the time is short. The world population is over 6 billion. That's 6 billion people who need food and pure water. The world already has a food shortage.

Disease can spread across the globe in less than 24 hours, just look at how fast last years swine flu spread.

The worlds most infamous dictators are doing everything possible to obtain nuclear weapons. And terrorist are alive and well in America.

We don't need a 2012 prediction to end the world. We're doing a great job of destroying ourselves.

Jesus, in Matthews 24 tells us to look at the fig tree:

32Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

Rmplstlskn
07-24-2010, 09:27 AM
Jesus, in Matthews 24 tells us to look at the fig tree:

Likewise...

But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
(1Th 5:1-4 KJV)

We are told it will be like a thief in the night, yet we are then told that we are not in darkness that that should sneak upon us like a thief... Just like the Angel told Daniel that his prophecies were to be sealed up until a later date... So I believe those in the light will have a GENERAL IDEA when it will come down...

An interesting contextual note on the "Thief in the night" parable... To us, in this non-Hebrew, western Gentile mindset, we think a thief in the night to be a sneaky intrusion that catches us by surprise, but to a Hebrew of the day Messiah lived, that analogy meant something very different to them...

Back in the day, it was the High Priest of the Temple who would occasionally check on the Priest in charge of keeping the Altar Fire through the night, by sneaking up the Templ Mount to make sure he wasn't sleeping. If the High Priest found the Priest sleeping, he would quietly shovel burning coals onto the 100% linen garment of the sleeping Priest and eventually it would burst into flames, forcing the Priest to rip off his garments, expose his nakedness, burning him in "tender areas" and he would return to the other Priests IN SHAME...

This Priest would be known as a sloughful, lazy Priest, an unworthy servant. It was to THIS MAN like a "Thief in the night." To the alert and awake Priest, the High Priest visiting him would NOT be like a Thief, but rather a welcome blessing, a special privledge.

So only to a lazy, unworthy servant is the Messiah's coming like a "Thief in the night."

Rmpl

road warrior762
07-26-2010, 09:55 PM
Likewise...

We are told it will be like a thief in the night, yet we are then told that we are not in darkness that that should sneak upon us like a thief... Just like the Angel told Daniel that his prophecies were to be sealed up until a later date... So I believe those in the light will have a GENERAL IDEA when it will come down...

An interesting contextual note on the "Thief in the night" parable... To us, in this non-Hebrew, western Gentile mindset, we think a thief in the night to be a sneaky intrusion that catches us by surprise, but to a Hebrew of the day Messiah lived, that analogy meant something very different to them...

Back in the day, it was the High Priest of the Temple who would occasionally check on the Priest in charge of keeping the Altar Fire through the night, by sneaking up the Templ Mount to make sure he wasn't sleeping. If the High Priest found the Priest sleeping, he would quietly shovel burning coals onto the 100% linen garment of the sleeping Priest and eventually it would burst into flames, forcing the Priest to rip off his garments, expose his nakedness, burning him in "tender areas" and he would return to the other Priests IN SHAME...

This Priest would be known as a sloughful, lazy Priest, an unworthy servant. It was to THIS MAN like a "Thief in the night." To the alert and awake Priest, the High Priest visiting him would NOT be like a Thief, but rather a welcome blessing, a special privledge.

So only to a lazy, unworthy servant is the Messiah's coming like a "Thief in the night."

Rmpl

i like this, ive never thought of it like this before.makes a good point that if were watchful and vigilant it wont sneak up on belivers.thats a good thought.
i think that the best "preps" we can have is the security that (us)our family and loved ones are saved.you could have all the preps in the world and trip down the ladder to your shelter and break your neck.please dont take this the wrong way but im trying to stress the importance of this and it seems like everyones got it here at least.

Pilgrim
07-26-2010, 10:45 PM
My intention is to be ready for anything that might happen. Religious or astronomical phenomena are out of my control. So 2012 hype shouldn't bother me; knowing that whatever happens, I've got my stocks ready.

becky3086
07-27-2010, 10:42 AM
I'm not much of a "gloom and doom" person. So far none of the "predictions" that I have lived through have actually come true, so for me, I really don't care about the next one. When the economy started going to h*ll, I heard all sort of "predictions" on how bad it was going to be, basically my life has changed very little. I bought more chickens, lol, that was the only change I made.

Rmplstlskn
07-28-2010, 10:59 AM
Yeah, I too have seen other "predictions" come and go... Although Y2K was a non-event, as one who worked in the IT industry, I can say we put in lots of hours and OT to rectify our customers database and date problems. Lots of $$$ was spent by companies that had to update machines and software before that date. That was a busy time for us, and profitable. So I think Y2k could have been a lot worse...

That said, I too just live life and try to work my way to as self-sufficient as possible, which at times seems so impossible. I often say that if I knew the world was ending tomorrow, I would plant a tree. One must always move FORWARD, not wallow in fear or become a hermit.

Rmpl

crossbow
07-28-2010, 11:30 AM
the thing I really want is a new adminastration and people in congress,the senate, we have to get a handle of the spending, send the special interest groups and the lobbists packing. Companies who used to make their products here and then moved over seas for cheaper labor should pay such a high import rax that it'll cost them money to bring the stuff back here. close all the loop holes. term limits and no more life time pensions ,med bennies for just 6 yrs, they get med while they're on the job, but that is all.let them draw a very small pension for the time they're allowed to spend in office. on and on