PDA

View Full Version : How's everyone doing?

1Admin
05-06-2011, 10:31 AM
How's everyone doing on your exercise program?

If your encountering any problems, what are they? Maybe someone can help figure them out.

Hawkeye
05-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Not doing nearly as good as I'd like. Lack of time and gas money are my two biggest problems....

Matt In Oklahoma
05-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Fell off the regular program for a few weeks but not outta everything because I have been moving stuff ! I should be back on track starting tommorow. Supposed to have an aspiring yound lad come over who is trying to work his way into the Sheriff's Office or he is going to the Military so we will be combining training and pt for a bit.

protus
05-06-2011, 12:32 PM
stepped off from bike to epliptical 2 days a week. back of the calves, just below them, latic acid build up ,,sore and tight. Figure to step into that and hopefully by months end be back to jogging......i can only pray.

EX121
05-06-2011, 04:40 PM
I'm doing ok, lost 10 pounds in a month, still walking 3 miles in 55-60 minutes. It depends on the route around town & how hard the wind is blowing. Pack weight has incresed to about 35 pounds. I need to add some core building exercises into my stretching routine. I'm really looking for more functional strength. Can I lift myself over a fence, do a low crawl for 50 -100 yards, etc. A side benifit I'm seeing some of the beautiful old houses around town.

EX121
05-06-2011, 05:42 PM
I forgot to add this to my earlier post. Yesterday on my walk I got a bad chafe, well, between my legs. Even if I would of had some vaseline i wouldn't have been able to apply it since I wa walking intown. But my thoughts are that in a PAW simple 'injuries' like this could cause more harm than you at first think. for example you are doing a bug-out by foot if you get laid up by a simple injury it could be very bad from a simple delay while you heal, etc.
I also forgot how long of a brad I was using in the nail gun and put a 1 1/2 inch brad through the 3/4 pine board & my ring finger nail. Boy did that make me say *(*&^^%^. Lucklily it's healing well, but a simple cut could become infected easily. Again ok now but it may be worse later.
Just food for thought.

littleant
05-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Started going to the gym every a.m. at 5:30 with a friend from work in February. Our employee health insurance gives us free gym membership. We do M-W-F treadmill for forty minutes then another 20-25 on the weight machines. On Tu and Thu. we hit the "boot camp" class run by Hitler's apprentice, LOL. Class is one hour of running between jumping jacks, push ups, burpees, lunges, squats, etc. and free weights. It definitely gets you sweating. I learned I really suck at jumping jacks.
I am a person who does much better with a specific goal to meet so I signed up for some local races, 5k and 8k. Started running at night a few nights a week. I enjoyed the races and even got my 19 y.o. son to join me for the 8k. He came in 2nd in his age category and, well, I remained vertical. :) In my first race I had to alternate two minutes running with two minutes fast walk. In the last race I managed to jog the whole race. Improvements little by little in my strength and endurance. I set my next goal on completing a half marathon held in November. Just looking to finish is all.
Unfortunately, I might have been pushing a little too fast and two weeks ago I started having pain in my right elbow and knee. The doc at work says overuse syndrome so I've been unable to workout for the last week and a half. It has been extremely frustrating because I'm figuring I will lose a lot of the ground but I'm trying to be optimistic. I plan on starting back again next week with fewer days at the gym and no running at night and increasing slowly. Never thought I'd say that I've missed getting up a 5 a.m. to make my workout but I miss my routine and am praying I can get back to running soon.

MustangGal
05-08-2011, 10:19 AM
BodyGlide makes a great anti-chafing product for runners.

protus
05-08-2011, 10:38 AM
ant, you'll get back to it. it takes time.
i cant wait to get back to running once im 100% again,

Knobster
05-24-2011, 11:28 AM
Doing great with Crossfit. Every day it is something different which keeps the body guessin' and adaptin'. Although I should try and stretch more as my upper body seems really tight these days. Could be old age...

barfife
05-24-2011, 01:22 PM
I guess my legs must have gotten longer cause my toes seem further away!

EX121
05-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Back to walking up to 4 miles in about 70 minutes. I tried to hike the local 'ridge' the other night only got half way. I made it 1 mile with a 1000 ft elevation gain in 25 minutes. I was doing ok on the cardio, but was feeling a bit of a hot spot on my right foot so I didn't want to push on and get another blister. This hike is a test for our backcountry SAR team, 2 miles with 1900 feet elevation gain, up in 1 hour & then back doen in 45 minutes. So that's my goal, hopefully by the end of nest month.