PDA

View Full Version : Interest in a video?

Lowdown3
05-28-2011, 01:21 PM
Any interest in a short video showing some simple exercises you can do at home with and without weights?

Matt In Oklahoma
05-28-2011, 06:48 PM
Yup, I know alot of them being from the Army and the ones where you use a partner too but I'm always up for a good lesson!!!

Rmplstlskn
05-28-2011, 07:06 PM
Any interest in a short video showing some simple exercises you can do at home with and without weights?

My issue (or excuse some may say) with a gym membership is still the same as it has been ever since I started living more rural and focusing on preparedness... TIME and EXPENSE. I just did a special 60 days for $60 membership a VERY NICE local gym had going, and once again I am becoming convinced a GYM lifestyle is not for me at this time... With rural property and a strong desire for home projects, remodeling and fortification, after work, I have a LONG LIST of stuff I NEED to get done, not just would LIKE to get done. I have yard work (line trimmer first to get the edges, walk mower second for the smaller spaces, then a riding mower for the bulk of the grass) and maintenance issues I NEED to get done. Then add on the PROJECTS to do before dark, etc... I don't have the TIME to stare at the TV (or hot fitness babes) while I pump, tread, and exercise my evening away... I know it is good for me, but I then get aggravated at the work at the home that is NOT getting done...

Plus, a gym membership at one of the popular clubs in my area is $90 a month for one person and a two-year contract. If you add the family, it jumps to $250 a month!!! Granted, it is a BEAUTIFUL club with pools, spas, and all kinds of equipment... but really!

So I am looking into buying something FOR HOME that will give me the CORE weight training I need at a LOW COST, keeping equipment at a minimum. My thoughts were: simple incline bench, disk weights for a dumbell system, and a "bike trainer" so I can use my nice mountain bike as a stationary when I can't get a real ride in. (I don't jog or run as I try to keep a low impact regimine to keep joints happy until I'm thinner).

So I would find it of interest, unless there is links to other videos already made with the same info... No reason to re-invent the wheel...

Or should I put HEALTH above homestead and just join the darn club and stop making excuses?

Rmpl

EX121
05-28-2011, 07:29 PM
I would be intrested in some simple core builing exercises, and stretches. Thanks