PDA

View Full Version : Where to obtain prescriptions reasonably?

barfife
06-07-2011, 09:21 AM
I am trying to put up medicines for at least 6-12 months. The doctor was nice enough to write a 2nd set of needed prescriptions. Mailed off my 1st 90 days set as usual.

When I went to buy 2 of the "extra 90 day precriptions" (not able to use insurance on second set) locally, I found the bill would be over $400 and it was generic!!!

Any thoughts on where to buy the medications that will not break me. Anyone using Canandian pharmesys? Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Barfife

Matt In Oklahoma
06-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Be careful
A LEO friend of mine called me to help him one day with this.
His wife buys some candian stuff. All good so far, gets it for about 6mths, great product. She stops buying it. She begins to get calls trying to continue the sell and that eventually turn harrasing. One day she gets a call from the "ABCs" telling her she will be arrested for buying and bringing in this stuff unless she cooperates and does a "buy" for them. Turns out the guy had a LEO# and contact info and everything. An initial check makes it appear legit LEO. It took a litle work to find out this was bogus LEO impersination. The "buy" was to be with her same card she used the first time, imagine that. She reconzies the voice as the same seller. Decides it's time to bring in LEOs. LEOs tell her she did screw up buy buying and shipping it in. They dont charge her but thats where the help ends, one of those deals wheres theres the law and then theres justice in their mind. Long story turned short for various reasons, you figure it out, the issue was taken care of but remember, you dont know who is on the other end and it took us alot of work and time to end this.

barfife
06-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Matt,
thanks for the advice. Any advice for discount meds stateside then?

Matt In Oklahoma
06-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Matt, thanks for the advice. Any advice for discount meds stateside then?
unfortunatley no, i was actually looking at the canadian thing too before that happened, my wifes meds crush us at times. I know alot of folks who do it or say they do anyway. tried just to "piggyback" off their established account but they balked. dunno

Patriotic Sheepdog
06-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Maybe your Doc can write for some meds that are cheaper generics. This way you could possibly afford to pay cash for the second set. Also, look at the $4 drugs at Wal Mart/Target. Many times you can get your Doc to change to one of these meds. That way a months supply is $4 and a 90 day supply is only $10. If you have a Publix near you they have a handful of generic antibiotics that are free for a two week supply.

barfife
06-07-2011, 10:18 PM
Those are generics at $400 for two meds for 90 day supply! Neither fall under the Walmart/Target/Publix "community service" program.

Patriotic Sheepdog
06-08-2011, 09:25 PM
Yep, I know meds are expensive, even some generics. I guess what I was trying to say was to see if your doc would feel comfortable changing the current meds to similar meds that are on the wal mart list. This may or may not be possible depending on the meds.

1Admin
06-08-2011, 09:45 PM
We dropped $1,100. on Cipro for the family (pretty good supply) in the long, long ago. No insurance or gubmint "gibme" program either.

Stuff has still been effective a LONG time later also.