PDA

View Full Version : Blastmatch failure

Grantmeliberty
07-13-2011, 07:51 PM
I bought Strike Force fire starters for my kits, and those of my family 15 years ago, and they are great. When the Blastmatch starters came out I thought that I had a more compact winner, and they seemed to work well for me. Last month I was camping with a friend and let him try it out, and it split along the seam. I checked online and quite a few others had had the same problem. Still could be used, but not good to have such a weakness in a piece of survival gear.

Matt In Oklahoma
07-13-2011, 08:00 PM
wow, got any pics by chance?

qrprat77
07-13-2011, 08:24 PM
hmmmm, Failed along the seam.... Any chance of making a repair, or is it too much?

P2L
10-23-2011, 11:22 AM
I had the same experience, I must be honest after buying my blast match I still preferred my strikeforce. Anyway, after breaking the blast match, I simply took the ferro rod out of it and threw it in a kit as a spare firestarter, just use the back of your knife as a striker, works fine.

onebigelf
10-23-2011, 11:56 AM
Could it be reinforced with strapping tape or something else before use?

John

P2L
10-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Could it be reinforced with strapping tape or something else before use?

John

No unfortunately. It is designed with a sliding closure system which would prevent that unless you want to carry it open all the time, but then I would be worried about the ferro rod breaking off.