PDA

View Full Version : Ran into a neat solar product today heads up SWFL members

Spock
09-18-2011, 05:49 PM
I was in the Lowes at the cornor of Gladiolus and 41 in FT Myers today when i encountered a rep from this company:

http://www.goalzero.com/

they sell some nifty and innovative personal solar devices, lights, and power backups. nothing huge to power your house with their focus is the "extreme outdoors crowd" hikers, mountian bikers, rock climbers, kayakers etc. I checked out the dem0 product which is their escape 150 and 15 watt panel and it looked good.

anyway for the SWFL crew they have them discounted at that Lowes and the one in cape coral for $199.

I have no affliation with this company other than I encountered their rep and product today when buying drill bits for my kydex project.

trkarl
09-18-2011, 06:41 PM
I saw them at Lowe's in N Cape Coral but didn't pay them much attention. Since you mentioned Cape Coral we must live in the same vicinity. We should get together some time.

Spock
09-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Cape Coral is my home town. I live accross the river in FT Myers I'll pm you.

09-26-2011, 06:29 PM
I've got some of their products and have been favorably impressed so far. I live in a rural area and have a small electric coop that supplies power. The solar panel and large rechargeable battery will keep my computer, phone and portable fan running during a weekend without power.

They have a 30 try it out guarantee. I kept mine!

Hawk_308
10-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Thanks Ive been looking at options for my Kayak that I have a 7ah gel cell mounted in .