PDA

View Full Version : The CW2 Cube -- Mapping The Meta-Terrain Of Civil War Two

Hawkeye
07-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Thought provoking article by my friend Matt Bracken.

http://www.westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com/

[quote]Bracken: The CW2 Cube -- Mapping The Meta-Terrain Of Civil War Two

Friday, July 30, 2010

The CW2 Cube -- Mapping the Meta-Terrain Of Civil War Two
by Matthew Bracken

A second civil war in the United States would be an unparalleled disaster. Nobody who is sane and who has studied modern civil wars from Spain to Lebanon to the Balkans and beyond would ever wish to see one occur. But if political, cultural and demographic trends are sweeping us toward that unhappy destiny, it would be wise to at least cast a weather eye over the possible terrain.

First, a caveat. I am not going to waste our time making politically-correct genuflections after every controversial sentence, because this essay is intended to be read by mature and rational adults.

Before we move on to the cube, let

thereisnospoon
07-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Ummmmm. Wow. Really, wow.

I believe their is a lot of truth in that article given the current situation in Az. It will be interesting to see if this plays out.

Patriotic Sheepdog
07-30-2010, 10:21 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking, WOW...hmmmm!

Diz
07-31-2010, 12:31 AM
I would just like to add that I have had the oportunity to meet Matt and would like to state for those of you who haven't, that he is a gentleman and a scholar. He is not some radical white supremist spewing hatred and racism, but rather a military historian and author who is not afraid to state the truth, however unpopular or politically incorrect it may be.

I find his analysis to be very insightful and spot-on. The only comment I would add is that you need to do your own threat analysis and determine the likelihood of this kind of event to happen, and then plan accordingly.

Bearman202
07-31-2010, 02:15 AM
Amen to what Diz said. Things are all hunky-dory while times are good, but when they go bad, they go REALLY bad. I've been the minority in two different neighborhoods in my life, and didn't feel particularly secure in either of them. I'm not in a great position now, but that's going to change shortly. The times indicate a different outlook.

I want to add that it's just plain stupid to ignore history. We like to think we've got this melting pot thing going on, but I think that's a delusion. Read the newspapers and you can see the divide. When it comes to a predator/prey situation, you want to be around people you can trust, at least as much as possible. Who are you going to trust?

monkeybird
07-31-2010, 08:15 AM
'Racial' division in the US is being set up and fostered by those shadow figures on the very liberal left in a effort to force the take down of the U.S.A. It's designed to create chaos and hatred and is being used by the MSM to ignite the fire. While i am sure that there are real racist in our society, I don't believe that most of care about color - only conduct.

Racial division is exactly what the progressive liberal agenda needs to continue it effort to destroy America.

rockriver
07-31-2010, 08:15 AM
thanks hawk,
one of the best thought provoking posts i've seen.
rr

1Admin
07-31-2010, 09:08 AM
'Racial' division in the US is being set up and fostered by those shadow figures on the very liberal left in a effort to force the take down of the U.S.A. It's designed to create chaos and hatred and is being used by the MSM to ignite the fire. While i am sure that there are real racist in our society, I don't believe that most of care about color - only conduct.

Racial division is exactly what the progressive liberal agenda needs to continue it effort to destroy America.

Excellent post. +1,000