PDA

View Full Version : Luminox watches

xdpatriot
01-02-2012, 07:51 PM
I finally did it. I have been wearing the g-shock watches for years. I saw a buddy with a luminox and I got the "cool gear bug". This doesn't happen to me very often. Anyways, I bought the Luminox and am now back to wearing my faithful g-shock. The watch hasn't kept good time at all, would stop all the time and finally stopped working for good! I am sending it back to the manufacturer. I hope their service is better than their product. Just thought I'd warn you, stay clear and spend your money on something else. Live and learn I guess.

thedreamers
01-02-2012, 08:03 PM
I wear a G-Shock myself and never take it off. It has treated me better than any watch I've had. Wear it hunting, farming,diving, every were. This new one has a ten year battery life to it, less if you use the light all the time. Supposed to have alittle solar panel built in it.

RobertJ
01-02-2012, 11:45 PM
Not saying this is what it was but... a very close friend of mine bought a Luminox "new" off e-bay last summer. Got it, and had same issues you had. He sent it in and luminox called him and told him it was a fake/knockoff... not even close to their internals. They apologised and offered him a much discounted watch for his troubles according to him.
This also happened to another buddy of mine with an Emmerson knife. There are a lot of people out there having stuff made off shore and selling as the genuine article.
Never owned a Luminox wayyyyyy outa my price range. Hope it works out for you.

I knowingly bought a knockoff aimpoint M2 that had all aimpoints markings but not the quality or service life. It kills batteries monthly... but the price was right for what I used it for at the time, $50.00.

Fido
01-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Got a luminox 2 years ago as a Christmas present. So far not a single hiccup. Love it!