PDA

View Full Version : The Shovel or E-Tool...

kilogulf59
07-06-2012, 08:33 AM
The shovel or E-tool is a mighty handy item to have in the trunk or bed of your vehicle. Mine saved my keester a few times over the years. It can save your keester in other ways as well

Matt In Oklahoma
07-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Always got one in the bed of the truck. Wife always says "someones gonna steal that". I just laugh and tell her no one steals work.
Loved bayonet training, made my folks practice it often. Local tire stores are always willing to help out when you explain to them what you are doing with your troops building striking dummies. Another case where the training is more important than the tool because improvision is alway acceptable as long a the end result is beneficial.

max velocity
07-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Excellent post. Shovels were definitely widely used in trench warfare in the First World War. My main use of an e-tool is to dig a latrine when out in the woods conducting patrol operations. A day latrine is usually sited just outside of a patrol base and overwatched by one of the sentry positions. The night latrine is inside the patrol base. These are deep hole latrines that are filled in before the patrol moves on.
Although you don't want someone watching you while you poop, and he sure doesn't want to see it, you have to have the latrine overwatched because it is a very vulnerable activity, literally with your pants down, and a potential place to snatch a patrol member from. Try and have a little cover from view there, so the sentry does not have to witness the full operation!

610Alpha
07-16-2012, 03:23 PM
Always got one in the bed of the truck. Wife always says "someones gonna steal that". I just laugh and tell her no one steals work.
Loved bayonet training, made my folks practice it often. Local tire stores are always willing to help out when you explain to them what you are doing with your troops building striking dummies. Another case where the training is more important than the tool because improvision is alway acceptable as long a the end result is beneficial.

TOO RIGHT!!! Especially on something like digging holes!