PDA

View Full Version : 7.62x39 Advice....

Tackleberry
11-06-2013, 01:02 AM
Earlier this year I bought a Century International Arms Zaztava PAP. It's late tonight but I will post a photo of it tomorrow. Anyways, I have fired a couple hundred rounds thru it but I am still undecided on what brand (TulAmmo, Brown Bear, Arsenal of Bulgaria etc) and type of ammo (ie 122 FMJ vs 124 FMJ and SP) to use. I currently have it loaded with a 30rd mag of 122gr HP for home defense purposes.

It has a Picatinny rail on the dust cover which is stable enough for CQB optics and sights. Any advice regarding favorite ammo brand/type, furniture, and optics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

protus
11-06-2013, 06:16 AM
well..in my ak i run what ever goes bang. golden tiger was the best(cleanest) and seemed a tad more accurate than some of the others. but im not picky i shoot whatever.
i also havent changed anything on the rifle.. just some krylon,, and a soe bungee sling.

Lowdown3
11-06-2013, 10:02 AM
If there isn't too much of a price difference, I prefer the JHP. It all works.

Just spent the last year cycling through 4-5K of old East German stuff from the 90's that got a good bit of moisture damage. Cartridges had mild and some heavy rust on the rims and some around the primers. Most people I showed it to were reluctant to use it in their rifle. Only had 1 round not fire in that whole batch.

Tackleberry
11-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Here is a photo of my AK47 w/ "lib-sticker"......