PDA

View Full Version : Chavez wants Nuclear Power....here we go

610Alpha
09-28-2010, 08:05 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/09/28/chavez-venezuela-studying-nuclear-energy-program/

Think EMP is out of the question here comes another radical with Nuclear power on the brain.

Hawkeye
09-28-2010, 08:23 AM
Saw that earlier this morning. What could possibly go wrong?

Reznorhead
09-29-2010, 12:52 AM
While I don't doubt certain leaders would like to have nuclear weapons, I do have to point out that it is VERY interesting that countries like Iran and Venezuela that are in the know as to the true numbers for oil reserves are so desperate for nuclear energy technology. Kind of like how Saudi Arabia who has ALL of this oil underneath their feet are spending all their money on off-shore drilling.

While I do find N. Korea to be a rogue nuclear threat, I think Chavez and Iran know the oil age is done and over and are trying to spend the last of their oil dollars on nuclear ENERGY. Iran and Venezuela don't have the insanity factor to risk seeing their countries turned into glass. Kim Jong Il on the other hand will probably take his country with him when he dies.

Hawkeye
09-29-2010, 07:11 AM
While I do find N. Korea to be a rogue nuclear threat, I think Chavez and Iran know the oil age is done and over and are trying to spend the last of their oil dollars on nuclear ENERGY. Iran and Venezuela don't have the insanity factor to risk seeing their countries turned into glass. Kim Jong Il on the other hand will probably take his country with him when he dies.

I would have to disagree and say I find the exact opposite to be true. Ahmadinejad is certifibly psychotic. He and the mullahs in Iran have often mentioned that they intend to be a part of bringing about the return of the 12th imam. Chavez is equally certifiable, and close friends with Ahmadinejad. Kim on the other hand mainly wants power and attention. He stomps his feet, gets his attention, and is then content for a short time. China helps keep him and NK in check, as they dont want a war in their back yard......just yet. Iran and Venezuela on the other hand, dont have anyone to keep them in check. IN fact, Syria would be jumping in right along side their best buddy Iran should the shooting start. Were Iran (and Syria) and/or Venezuela to get into a fight, it would also be good for their mutual big friend, Russia, as it would means lots of military business and sales for them. Do not underestimate Russia and their leaderships quiet involvment in these affairs either.

monkeybird
09-29-2010, 11:58 AM
When the cold war ended (at least the nuclear threat) I relaxed somewhat. I was a teenager during the Cuban Missile crisis, and I can tell you, everyone was scared to death. I lived in Ankara Turkey and my father along with the fathers of all my friends were called in the middle of the night and suddenly had to leave. They ended up at a U.S. Nuclear weapons site on the Turkish - Russian border. So, most of us teenagers were left with only our frightened mothers and siblings. The level of absolute terror was unmeasurable.

So, when I think of Iran and North Korea and now Venezuela having nuclear weapons - I shudder. All three of these dictators are brutal and egotistical. Anyone who believes that they are only interested in building power plants need to get out of the "Twilight Zone". The close ties between Ahmadinejad and Chevez is based on their mutual desire to destroy the U.S.

All rhetoric aside - these despots will stop at nothing.

Has everyone bought the iodine tablets?

Matt In Oklahoma
09-29-2010, 07:38 PM
monkeybird "Has everyone bought the iodine tablets? "
Nope don't wanna live thru that horror. If I am raidiated I am gonna take a 115gr pill. I've seen some of that and don't want any part of the slow pain and drowning on my own body fluids. All that is is just a slow down anyway. I'm gonna take some with me if I can and save 1 for myself.
This is just me, it doesnt have to be you, your choice, do your homework

Patriotic Sheepdog
09-29-2010, 07:52 PM
I'm sure Chavez just wants it for "electricity for his people"....yeah right!

Matt In Oklahoma
03-12-2011, 09:34 AM
monkeybird "Has everyone bought the iodine tablets? "
Nope don't wanna live thru that horror. If I am raidiated I am gonna take a 115gr pill. I've seen some of that and don't want any part of the slow pain and drowning on my own body fluids. All that is is just a slow down anyway. I'm gonna take some with me if I can and save 1 for myself.
This is just me, it doesnt have to be you, your choice, do your homework
Ok maybe I need to change my thinking. I stll dont wanna live through the full scale nuke attacks and the impending fallout etc. but the events with the Japanese nuke plant melting down and now exploding after the earthquake have me thinking. I believe I could escape that or survive the fallout short term.
I just chatted with the wife about it.

1Admin
03-12-2011, 10:05 AM
I think their is a nuke plant in Japan Chavez can buy cheap.... Heck I'll pitch in a buck for him.... LOL