PDA

View Full Version : How to Save money on razors - not what you think either

610Alpha
10-03-2010, 10:35 PM
I have been doing this for about 8 months or so and it works.

To keep you razor in top shape and to make it last longer dry off the blade(s) after each use. I buy the Gilette fusion 5 blade razors from Sams Club and I can make a razor last 1 month, I usually shave 6 days a week and I am not shaving peach fuzz either. The only part that doesn't last is the moisturizing strip. It only lasts about a week.

I usually blow through the back of the razor and then dry off the blade face with a towel.

Leaving moisture on the blades rusts them prematurely which in turn makes it feel like you are shaving with a butter knife. I used to go through a blade a week now I am down to a blade a month...that adds up to a lot of money over time.

Lowdown3
10-04-2010, 08:10 AM
I keep them in the shower so they only dry out on their own but it's easy to get a month or more out of a disposable.

You just have to remember to be careful when you switch to a new one.... When you get used to dragging it across your face forcibly and then it's a new sharp one, it can be a problem... LOL

Gordon
10-05-2010, 07:12 PM
I keep a bar of Lava soap on the lavatory where I shave. I rub a little of that on the palm of my hand and then strop the disposable razor on it. Seems to hone it up a little. I have used toothpaste, too. Both are light abrasives and seem to work. I can usually get a month out of a disposable by keeping it clean, dry and honed a little.

groovy mike
10-07-2010, 09:19 AM
My blades last at least a month. Sometimes two. What dulls the blade is the cutting of hair, so if you shave without rinsing the blades the hair you haev already shaved off ac***ulates on the blades and you cut it again and again every pass. Justy rinse the blades after every stoke and your razor will last twice as long.