FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    NOW we are getting somewhere! Thanks for laying it all out. When I decided to store grains and beans I read what I could find. Then I read things that made me question what I had read. Perhaps a "sticky" could be put up so as to help us "Newbie's" not get confused. Thanks Again!

I agree with Monel on this. I feel that many of my questions were answered. I plan on getting mylar bags and new buckets this weekend. Also, storing food in Home Depot or Lowe's Buckets is a form of concealment, which is good.....

Quote Originally Posted by RyanMac View Post
    I agree with Monel on this. I feel that many of my questions were answered. I plan on getting mylar bags and new buckets this weekend. Also, storing food in Home Depot or Lowe's Buckets is a form of concealment, which is good.....
    Better yet, slope paint all over the outside of the buckets also. I don't mean paint the bucket, I mean so it looks like a 5 gallon PAINT bucket.

Blog Entries
    excellent tip on how to conceal your bucket.
    "It's a trap!!!!" -- Admiral Ackbar

I would think most persons would wonder what was in the 20+ buckets stored in the closet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Monel View Post
    I would think most persons would wonder what was in the 20+ buckets stored in the closet.
    the 6 other people that asked what was in them....;p
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Quote Originally Posted by Monel View Post
    Yep.

This is where the folks that are really trying the "hide in plain sight" all or nothing "gray man" approach get snagged up. Once you get beyond a certain point in your preps, it's almost impossible to completely hide them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

and why are they looking in my closets?
    When I recently moved me and the boy moved the red dawn pile of food, guns, gear and ammo by ourselves without my "friends" help. All they knew was there was already stuff in the closet but didnt know what come move day. They are my friends but are also zombies as they refuse to listen. BTW it was also great practice and we noticed that we have ac***ilated alot of stuff that may need to be trimmed down if we bug.

I have a Question I plan on using the lowes bucket and is has the number 2 on it. I plan to use the mylar bags to store rice in then I bought the lid for the lowes bucket and when I put it on I have to use a rubber mallet and the damn thing was on real well. I have to pry it with tool to get it out so I think the lowers bucked will work with the maylar bags what doe's anyone out think.

Yep that sounds fine. Just don't stack on those cheap Lowe's lids, they break very easy.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."