FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies

Thread: MASON JAR SHELF

MASON JAR SHELF

HEY GUYS I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNEW OF A WEBSITE THAT HAS A GOOD WOODWORKING PLANS FOR A MASON JAR SHELF. WOULD LIKE TO BUILD ONE FOR ALL THE CANNING I AM DOING. I HAVE SEEN SOME PICTURES OF ONES I LIKE BUT NO PLANS. I MIGHT COULD BUILD ONE FROM JUST THE PIC BUT I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO HAVE THE PLANS. THANKS
    THAT WHICH DOES NOT KILL ME MAKES ME STRONGER

You could build it your self, i personally would use 5/4 boards or 2X4 materials. When i build my heavy shelving i put a piece of Masonite or 1/4 inch ply on the back for stability.

Quote Originally Posted by HLorfing View Post
    HEY GUYS I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNEW OF A WEBSITE THAT HAS A GOOD WOODWORKING PLANS FOR A MASON JAR SHELF. WOULD LIKE TO BUILD ONE FOR ALL THE CANNING I AM DOING. I HAVE SEEN SOME PICTURES OF ONES I LIKE BUT NO PLANS. I MIGHT COULD BUILD ONE FROM JUST THE PIC BUT I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO HAVE THE PLANS. THANKS
    HL. Watch this http://www.dehydrate2store.com/videos/?id=24

That is a excellent video... good ideas.

GREAT VIDEO! THANKS
    THAT WHICH DOES NOT KILL ME MAKES ME STRONGER

Thanks for posting the video. I am such a girly-girl that I would be afraid to handle the power tools she uses. I know, I am pathetic....haha

The dehydrate2store video is good for dehydrated foods as they don't wiegh very much, but a few dozen jars of canned corn will sag a 1x6. For a pantry that will be rotated, go with shelving that is al least 12" deep so you can put the newer jars behind the older ones, and make sure it's made of something sturdy like 2x _ material.

With the price of lumber something like this may be more cost effective at $147 at Sams Club:

Last edited by Tofu; 01-01-2011 at 06:19 PM.
    Stand next to me and you'll never stand alone.