DBAL-I2 IR Laser with IR Illuminator

Trijicon Miniature Rifle Optic (MRO
FLIR Scout TK
Mt. House Freeze Dried 1-Month Starter Unit
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hey can stuffing like stove top be mylar/bucketed or does it have oil flash done?
    Knowledge is Power, Practiced Knowledge is Strength, Tested Knowledge is Confidence

You know I've never tried to pack it. Check the ingredient list, maybe post it if you have a chance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

I want to do some koolaid or drink mixes of some kind in mylar. I dont have anything in LTS except coco powder, I have drank that Army MRE koolaid stuff as old as 10yrs and it ate the bottom out of the cup just like it does on day 1.
    Any Suggestions? How about the single servings that are in mylar pouches already to put in a larger mylar bag? O2 Absorbers or not?
    Knowledge is Power, Practiced Knowledge is Strength, Tested Knowledge is Confidence

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt In Oklahoma View Post
    I want to do some koolaid or drink mixes of some kind in mylar. I dont have anything in LTS except coco powder, I have drank that Army MRE koolaid stuff as old as 10yrs and it ate the bottom out of the cup just like it does on day 1.
    Any Suggestions? How about the single servings that are in mylar pouches already to put in a larger mylar bag? O2 Absorbers or not?
    ive got some single packed mixes inmylar. But its only been 1 yr. i had some spare o2's and some spare mylar one packing day,so in they went.
    I guess you could by the larger cool aid/tang mixes and dump them in mylar. I'd pass on the o2 i think if they contain sugar. if not then o2 em up.
    Hard to say. Thats why the last year or so ive been putting up small batches of stuff like this so i can test it down the road and have proof have how long it will last vs what a chart says based on figures vs realilty
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Thanks Protus

Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    You know I've never tried to pack it. Check the ingredient list, maybe post it if you have a chance.
    Finally remembered to get a box. It's not the brand name however the ingrediants are the same with very minor differences. It's cornbread stuffing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I had room in a bucket that was packed today. If we have time I will pop it in a few years and see and let ya know.

Brass Site Supporter 8/2011
    What mylar bag sealer do you recommend, and who do you recommend purchasing it from? In looking at them I am thinking of the Hot Jaw as it is reasonable and would allow me to seal bags inside a bucket. The items I currently have sealed in mylar were sealed with an automatic impulse sealer, however, it is not mine and I would prefer to have one that I own.

Thank you for all of your detailed information, it is very helpful.

SC

The hot jaw is a great one. I think it's the same as what we have. They called them a "clamshell sealer" back in the day, so I've always called it that. Black, two large jaws, heat adjustment on cord. Pretty straightforward device. Around $100. way back when.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

@ Buktoof
    Here's some things I made note of:
    rice 31 lbs.
    pinto beans 30 lbs.
    kidney beans 30 lbs.
    black beans 37 lbs.
    elbow noodles 24 lbs.
    penne noodles 18 lbs.
    sugar 35 lbs.
    brown sugar 35 lbs.
    salt 32lbs., with room left over

edit by JayJay...borrowed from other site...
    flour 33 lbs.
    cornmeal 33 lbs.
    oats 20 lbs.
    spaghetti pasta 30 lbs.
    powdered milk 29 lbs.
    powdered eggs 20 lbs.
    powdered potatoes 29 lbs.
    Last edited by JayJay; 05-09-2011 at 01:39 PM.