Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

National Geographic: Doomsday Preppers!

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...ideos/10606_00

People on the show said that they were told the name of the show would be called "Preppers." but for some reason NG changed the name.

It is on tonight.

Yeah this should be interesting....ole Survival Mom.com is gonna be on there. I guess this is a way for the media to call our "movement" crazy and absurd and a waste. I personally would have my face blurred out if I was on this show...gotta keep that OPSEC 24/7
    You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelsman71 View Post
    http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...ideos/10606_00

People on the show said that they were told the name of the show would be called "Preppers." but for some reason NG changed the name.

It is on tonight.
    It's very common for the media to lie to get you interested in a project. BTDT, haven't given any "interviews" or misc. BS with the bloodsuckers since the mid 90's because of it.

Some folks love to do it, for free publicity and sometimes ego and pride issues. The idea of cheap marketers being "ANY publicity is good." However when they splice together what you talk about, cut and chop to make you look like a boob, that's NOT good publicity for the movement.

I like Southern Prepper's videos, I hope the media doesn't slay him.

Come to think of it- someone should invite him to the boards here....
    "What the heck happened to you man? You went soft. Your like a cute little puppy, holding a kitten."

Help CME's!!!!!
    You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?

Seasoned
    Blog Entries
    I made a point to watch the show tonight. Being of a receptive mind, I enjoyed it and learned from it. I could have done without the "doomsday" labeling.

I don't know think I could be comfortable enough to open my preps to the world. Though it was nice to get a video tour of someone else's preparations.

For the most part, the persons being interviewed really had their prepping acts together. Enough to make me feel lacking in both my preparation and my commitment! Maybe some of the sheeples will hear a reality check and respond accordingly.....or not.

Time to get back to work on my own homework.
    Last edited by barfife; 06-28-2011 at 12:00 AM.
    "It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark"

You got to admit that the single mom was a hundred times more prepped than most any other single mom. Maybe she will get tp meet a few potential hunsbands out of this.

The first guy made no attempt at opsec. He was holding classes for those in the neighborhood who wanted to learn about his setup. You also got to admit that in that urban setting it was probably pretty hard to hide the chickens, goats and modified swiming pool.

I hope at least the media changed their names.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
    D.H. Lawrence

Blog Entries
    I didnt stay up to watch it. to late past my beddy time LOL.
    I did watch the two sample films on the web site.

Two things- OPSEC. of course many balk at it. But i wouldnt feel safe with a camera crew running around my home filming everything and a commentator giving details about it all.Popularity has a price...
    second. this sums up how many "preppers" will feel after wards.
    Enough to make me feel lacking in both my preparation and my commitment
    Why ?

The one guy said
    " oh i started buy food 2 years ago......so far i have invested 7K$......"
    That is 3k alone in food per year. Not including what ever other preps he has purchased.
    While that works for him, it doesnt for the majority....sorry barfife...dont knock yourself because someone threw money at an obstacle.

sides that....there was some interesting idea's......
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

2011 Site Supporter, Thread Contest winner
    Actually I found the program very good. The family in Arizona who turn their pool into a complete food survival system gave me lots of ideas. Security is their problem. The Survival Mom is just plain boring. She is a pseudo prepper, sorry, just what I think. The two families who live on a farm in the Carolinas were absolute prepared! They have really pulled everything together. As far as opsec, I don't believe anyone could find it with just the information given in the program. The last prepper was unique and has definitely prepared for nuclear disaster, a perhaps other disasters, he is also well secure.

I don't think NG did a hatchet job on this people. No at all. I like the program and learned a whole lot.

I watched the trailors but is the whole show up on the net yet?
    Knowledge is Power, Practiced Knowledge is Strength, Tested Knowledge is Confidence

I sure hope this opens peoples eyes. If only everyone had a little set aside. All the families really had it together. Those families in S.C. and Utah really showed me my short comings. I'll keep prepping.