FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    It has some relevance with PAW living with no grid. But, yes the zombies make it "not real". With so much going on, I guess it hasn't got to the survival-ish. I read the plot from the comics and it comes later in the series. I am also glad that it has not got out of hand with its weaponry. Usually you see people in these movies with fully automatic zombie blasters but this seems pretty "realistic" in a sense.

During a zombie apocalypse, you can just stay in your house. Just surround your house with Treadmills.....:P
    You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?

Blog Entries
    the thing i learned from the first lesson is to not go charging around on a horse in a city that used to have hundreds of thousands of people in it....duh

oh and get eyes in the back of your head... lol
    "It's a trap!!!!" -- Admiral Ackbar

We bought the first season on DVD after my brother told me all about it. He's gotten in zombie flicks and gardening, raising pigs, etc. since the economy went in the toilet.

I like to think of it like this- the people still alive in the cities are survivalists or "preppers", the zombies are the people that did not prepare. If you think about it, sooner or later every one of them COULD become your enemy. Key word there of course is COULD.

Cities = more "zombies" around
    Country= less "zombies" around
    Boris- "He's famous, has picture on three dollar bill!"

Rocky- "Wow! I've never even seen a three dollar bill!"

Boris- "Is it my fault your poor?"

From a learning tool stand point these type of Fictions seem to have great value in getting one thinking. For example last nights eposide they used tracking (in a non-hunting scenrio). Now I wonder how long it would take to learn (and practice) tracking. And durning the eposide they were stuck on an Interstate with a broken RV... Why would you not be looking for an "Upgrade" to that vechile?

Has Robert Hawkins character showed back up yet? I was glad to see him in something else post apoc but he was only in that one ep. Did he gets the cehonez (sp) up to whack his wife yet?

"I was a cop... In St. Louis"
    Boris- "He's famous, has picture on three dollar bill!"

Rocky- "Wow! I've never even seen a three dollar bill!"

Boris- "Is it my fault your poor?"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Admin View Post
    Has Robert Hawkins character showed back up yet? I was glad to see him in something else post apoc but he was only in that one ep. Did he gets the cehonez (sp) up to whack his wife yet?

"I was a cop... In St. Louis"
    I haven't seen him since that first episode...I think in the season 2 premiere the lead guy "sheriff" was broadcasting on the hand held radio out to him in case he was listening...he might show up in a future episode.
    "It's a trap!!!!" -- Admiral Ackbar

I'm about halfway through the first season. Very good stuff! There seem to be very 'human' moments in this. Watching the characters and thinking, 'yeah, that would really happen'. Not being able to shoot your zombie wife, helping out a gang of hoodlums that were just protecting an old folks home, etc.

If nothing else, this movie has caused me to raise a crossbow up a few ticks on the ol' priority list!
    In God we trust, everyone else bring data.

I'm going to check out the first season on Netflix. I have like Zombie stuff ever since Dawn of the Dead came out. It is funny that there is a lot more of the Apocalypse type of movies and TV shows coming out lately.

Jack

I just caught up with the 201 episode last night. A few months ago I had the please to go down and watch some of the filming over in cobb county. I can't wait to see how it all pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by jbman View Post
    I'm going to check out the first season on Netflix. I have like Zombie stuff ever since Dawn of the Dead came out. It is funny that there is a lot more of the Apocalypse type of movies and TV shows coming out lately.

Jack

I think the word "apocalypse" or phrase "end of the world" are buzz words like EXTREME and UBER....plus if you throw that in title or subject it will get peoples attention...I am just glad they didnt wait until next year to release that 2012 movie. I still think people are going to whig out about that once we get into the Fall of 2012......
    You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?