FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    So for almost 5 years now we've been getting the realty TV show emails. "Mr Henry we'd love to have you on......" Since we started the forums 2 years now they increased and in the last six months have taken a "Judas Goat" tone- "hey we are casting for a new reality TV show called..... we would like you to tell everyone on your forums about this and..."

YEAH FLIPPING RIGHT!

I usually don't bother even typing those last three words and just delete the emails or leave them to rot in my youtube email box (also known as File 13, or the round file. Anyone who has ever worked in an office will understand that).

Evidently some "prepper" site didn't however and they ARE pimping the show out to their members. Disgusting. Alas, this is the NEW CROWD. They haven't been around long enough to know the media is full of $hit. They are the kinds that think Dunskie Preppers show was a POSITIVE thing for the movement.

If you want to pimp yourself out to the media, that's one thing. I've had dozens and dozens of offers for hosting, being on, 'evaluating' others on these shows, etc I've passed them all up. I know Protus has also.

However I strongly disagree with the idea of being a "judas goat" for these media pimps. Not that I ever saw any value in that site that sent out those emails (full of newbies playing expert and spammers), but still, come on people....

I can't wait for this 15 minutes of fame to be over with for the "prepper" movement...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Good for you man.

I personally think after you know who is gone (praying daily) and maybe Mittens arrives, that the Johnny come latelys will disappear and the Jersey Shore Season 100 will take their minds away. But if I was in the biz, I would ride the wave as long as it hasnt hit the shore.
    You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?

Blog Entries
    I got the email yesterday from that aforementioned prepper site letting its members know about the casting call....u can bet I won't be on that show.
    "It's a trap!!!!" -- Admiral Ackbar

The next season "Bug Out" has started. I havent watched it but i know there was some interest
    Knowledge is Power, Practiced Knowledge is Strength, Tested Knowledge is Confidence

Bug out thats a new one for me I'll hav eto look at it. I confess there was nothing else on the other day so watched 1/2 an episode of Doomsday, both the wife and I ended up talking back to the tv saying "why are you doing that & what b. s.
    Survival question. What do I need most, right now?

Gold Contributing Member 6/2012
    Looks like we’ve got our very own version out soon,
    Should be interesting ;

Last edited by Triple-sod; 11-11-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EX121 View Post
    Bug out thats a new one for me I'll hav eto look at it. I confess there was nothing else on the other day so watched 1/2 an episode of Doomsday, both the wife and I ended up talking back to the tv saying "why are you doing that & what b. s.
    I mighta had the wrong one but it starts new tuesday

Triplesod take it with a grain of salt. There is always something to be learned and I cant say enough about OPSEC
    Knowledge is Power, Practiced Knowledge is Strength, Tested Knowledge is Confidence

Dang kids got it together better than most. They would make great Soldiers with those attitudes. Little LD3s runnin round

Quote Originally Posted by Matt In Oklahoma View Post
    Dang kids got it together better than most. They would make great Soldiers with those attitudes. Little LD3s runnin round
    Ahahahahahaahahah.
    You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?

LOL, no doubt. Their will be a little LD3 at the campout this weekend. We got a couple batches of puppies coming up, so they will come up to the campout during the day but probably not stay the night this go around. Got some $$ invested in these pups now and hope to get it back out of them soon.
    Boris- "He's famous, has picture on three dollar bill!"

Rocky- "Wow! I've never even seen a three dollar bill!"

Boris- "Is it my fault your poor?"