FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

TV Show -- Revolution

Well I saw a preview for this and it looks like a decent enough show....I watch a 44 minute preview via Comcast On Demand.

Reminds me of that Jericho in some ways but I didn't see enough of that to show to say for certain. I did see that both shows had people that were able to turn on computers. This new show has militia and lots of homesteading in it.
    "It's a trap!!!!" -- Admiral Ackbar

2013 Silver Site supporter, thank you
    I to got to watch it, and yes it has the same feel but hopefully just as good. The bad thing is its going to run at 10pm which is after my bed time. And we dont have dvr.

What channel is it on. What day and time does it play. Sonds like something I would enjoy.

I am going to try and give it a try. I dont care for NBC, even during NFL sunday night, I just cant stand NBC
    You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?

If you have On-Demand you can watch the pilot episode already. saw it last night and it reminds me of a mix between Jericho and something i cant quite put my finger on. Anyways i doubt we will see a lot on survival but it looks to be entertaining.

Revolution comes on 9/17 on nbc at 10pm
    A mans quest for knowledge is his greatest asset.

Don't forget "Last Resort". That one has possibilities too. I think it starts 9/27 on ABC. Check your local listings.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

Ronald Wilson Reagan (1911-2004)

JOSEPH WAS A PREPPER!
    NOAH WAS A PREPPER!
    I'M A PREPPER TOO!

I might record and watch when possible but truthfully as fall ascends my life gets busy with hunts and projects. Oct has 13 days already prescheduled for hunts. 2 days for training and one day for a pistol match. This appears to be more of a drama show with little to offer in the survival arena. During my limited time i try and watch skill based shows that actually show something. I have several fire methods i will be trying as soon as the burn ban is lifted, some antelope tallow to be rendered and used, some heavy work stuff that i didnt want to do when it was 112degrees a few short weeks ago and unless someone posts different then drama will be on the back burner.
    Knowledge is Power, Practiced Knowledge is Strength, Tested Knowledge is Confidence

mm as I suspected, had to be in for the evening and watched it. Arrows that generate less than 100ft lbs made 200lb men running full tilt change directions, women dragging downed men turn into she hulks at the threshold of the doorway and move them into upstairs bedrooms, skipping and holding hands on a short journey to chicago with 20lb packs or total lack of because it messes up the hair, another sloverly white guy who is a bumbling idiot because thats how we all are whereas the tanned one is a greek godlike creature to be revered, a guy who survived because "he's good at killing", the neighborhood savior with the village, the eeeevilll soldiers because thats how we all are, the atypical couple where the man runs in and says gather food n water because they have minutes and she starts asking questions but never moving her body an inch, 15 yrs later and elastic in lift bras still works, i'm using a bow but he has a fininky ammo eating desert eagle? (not for long), someone can generate electricity but isnt rulling the world?
    I can go on but ,,,,,
    The concept of the show is ok but they missed and i'm sure it will be popular especially when something like a polar bear attacks on a tropical island oh wait thats a different one never mind
    Knowledge is Power, Practiced Knowledge is Strength, Tested Knowledge is Confidence

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt In Oklahoma View Post
    mm as I suspected, had to be in for the evening and watched it. Arrows that generate less than 100ft lbs made 200lb men running full tilt change directions, women dragging downed men turn into she hulks at the threshold of the doorway and move them into upstairs bedrooms, skipping and holding hands on a short journey to chicago with 20lb packs or total lack of because it messes up the hair, another sloverly white guy who is a bumbling idiot because thats how we all are whereas the tanned one is a greek godlike creature to be revered, a guy who survived because "he's good at killing", the neighborhood savior with the village, the eeeevilll soldiers because thats how we all are, the atypical couple where the man runs in and says gather food n water because they have minutes and she starts asking questions but never moving her body an inch, 15 yrs later and elastic in lift bras still works, i'm using a bow but he has a fininky ammo eating desert eagle? (not for long), someone can generate electricity but isnt rulling the world?
    I can go on but ,,,,,
    The concept of the show is ok but they missed and i'm sure it will be popular especially when something like a polar bear attacks on a tropical island oh wait thats a different one never mind

I knew I could count on you to give us a great review!!
    "It's a trap!!!!" -- Admiral Ackbar