FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Mini BNVD DKX M7 Level III HALO Medical Supplies
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    we recently had close associates as guests for a few days. couple of Harvard grads. the day after we had a salad with the meal, the male commented to me that the Vidalia onion dressing had a 2014 date on it! not being snooty, just commenting and grinning. I laughed and told him, we save the good stuff for special guests!

I forgot about the conversation till last night when I grabbed the same dressing. yep. best by feb. 2014.
    we all are still kicking!
    I used it last night, still tasted good, but decided 3 years over date, was long enough!

i'm fighting the crud (sinusitis, cold, allergies? I don't know what I've got!?)
    so, i'm taking whatever I can find in the vitamin, herbal, mineral shelf.

echinacea looks like it might help.
    I read the label... expired june 2010.

i'm batching it this week.
    digging in the refrigerator for food.
    found a container of store bought sliced sandwich ham. yahoo. It had been previously opened.
    and had a slick coating and didn't smell just right. so. I figured the cat would get a treat!
    this morning, he tore into a egg mcmuffin that spent the night in my truck... (until the ducks ran up and snatched the muffin portion and ran off.)
    anyway, back to the ham. the cat looked at it, smelled it, looked back at me, and just went to sit down.
    that ham must have been bad news.

batching it again...
    wife had left a casserole that i've been eating this week.
    but i had run out of leftover veggies in the fridge.

--
    went to pantry and got a can of mixed veggies best by 2017
    and can of green beans

the mixed veggies were great.
    the green beans can had light rust along top edge... and i was surprised that can was only part filled with liquid.

i put the beans in a pot to heat them... looked ok. smelled ok.
    but i couldn't get over why the can wasn't full.....?

i looked at can best by 2012.... i tossed the beans.
    and i woke up this morning with no tummy ache! feeling fine!!

2016 Silver Supporter, thank you!
    I had a ham bone from Easter and a 17 Bean soup mix from 24 years ago , And dried onions. Made fine soup, but did have to soak beans a day and half with a Tee Spoon of soda in water. The bag of beans was sealed in a food bucket and taped shut. Tape was dry and going bad. No bugs no fuss, kept in temp control room, dry, same year round temp in the 50s.

hot/tired/ digging in the small spare refrig... and found a mocha coffee drink that expired in 2014...
    rop "popped" when i opened it.. smelled good... tasted good...

rr