FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies

Thread: Home School?

Home School?

Hi, any home schoolers out there? Is this the correct area for this discussion?

Fine a place as any

We have homeschooled since day 1 and have never considered otherwise. We love it! We use an accredited program, have to mail in work, tests, etc. and they are graded by quote real unquote teachers at a college. The nice thing about an accredited program is no one can argue about it, it's accepted the same as a standard high school diploma.
    Boris- "He's famous, has picture on three dollar bill!"

Rocky- "Wow! I've never even seen a three dollar bill!"

Boris- "Is it my fault your poor?"

Quote Originally Posted by 1Admin View Post
    Fine a place as any

We have homeschooled since day 1 and have never considered otherwise. We love it! We use an accredited program, have to mail in work, tests, etc. and they are graded by quote real unquote teachers at a college. The nice thing about an accredited program is no one can argue about it, it's accepted the same as a standard high school diploma.
    I can only imagine what your physical education portion is like.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I can only imagine what your physical education portion is like.
    Yeah the way I hear it he puts his student through their paces.
    "It's a trap!!!!" -- Admiral Ackbar

Thanks for the reply. I have one friend and one family member who are considering H/S their children. Do you have one, or more than one "canned curriculum" that you would consider? Are there better ones for different ages?

Abeka is a good one, their are others also. Abeka.org I believe... I just write the checks, wife handles most of the rest

P.E.- is running a mile 3X a week with the family, hour and a half of martial arts 3X a week, fair amount of chores around the homestead with some knuckle pushups worked in here and there along with some friendly Father/Son impromptu "work" at home

Somehow I thought that this was appropriate for the conversation.

homeschool and zombies.jpg

LMAO!

Yes, even though my boy has not seen a zombie movie yet, we've had the "why you won't be able to choke out zombies" talk already. Their was a lot of disappointment on his face.... But he was soon out in the yard fashioning pointed sticks as spears LOL

Gold Site supporter 8/2012, thank you ibetiny's Avatar
    1ADMIN, Could you ask your wife for a website for your homeschool "accredited program"? We have a 3 yr old and a 2 yr old, and not much money for private school. You could send me a PM if you don't want it "out there". Thanks

ibetiny.
    Man created shotguns because God created cats.

Man, those Muslims sure are worried about what they eat. I went over there and all I heard was Alohaaaaa Snack-bar.

Not the admin, but I'll let you know what I am finding. A friend of the family used a "nationally accredited" package. When it was time to graduate, the state they lived in (GA) did not accept that package. He took the GED test to get into Jr. college and passed it easily. He is having no problem passing college level classes at this time.

Bill