FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: our cabin

Red face our cabin

i am sharing a bit about ourselves.me n the mister have always had land.hunted for the right
    for us land.first land was good.five acres.low water table.the neighbors dug more than 400ft.
    and never got water.we could have put barrels out to catch water.we did not think of this back
    then in the 70's back to the land movement.
    we sold that land.the next land u almost had to use mountain climbing gear to get up to it.
    now we hunted and hunted for land.got some close up by Crater lake,oregon.cheap.
    100$ and 100$ a month.camped out there.dreamed about things.took the grandkids out
    to camp.never serious about it...too busy in town working.
    then we got it paid off.that was a new day.me and the mister worked on getting us a cabin up.
    only as we got the lumber.we almost died trying to build it.i would haul a board.he would nail it.
    we would rest 10 min.then start over.i had an outside kitchen.in weather that is below zero-
    its pretty invigorating to go out and try to pour water in the coffee pot to make coffee and it takes
    forever to perk.Finally last summer we built the kitchen onto the cabin.next we build a living room
    and put in a wood stove.
    we have almost 3 acres.we are going to retire out there.u can not see our place on the over head
    google map.so its pretty secluded.we are in our 60's.i try to stock up on canned food in town and
    then take the extra to stock up in the woods.we have old oil lamps out there. a well.
    and i have a bigger version of the suzy homemaker oven.its a propane stove with four burners and
    an oven.i love it.thank u for having me.

It sounds like alot of hard work, but I am jealous. Congratulations and best of luck to you and your husband.

thank u tarheel.it is nice to meet u.well dont be jealous.it is a tiny cabin of 150 sq.feet but it is a semi a-frame.when we added the kitchen it was then about 180sq.feet in size.we are clearing off the land by hand and with the help of a chain saw.we had to tear apart a complete camper and have a big mobile home to tear apart and another camper.its in wildfire area.we can only burn our burn piles when we have the second snow.But it is an easy land.no snakes cause the dirt is pumice.lots of wild life though.
    we mostly have alot of funny memories of trying to hoist the 14 ft.lumber planks up for the roof and them falling and almost hitting my head.finally we figured this out by getting each of us getting a 10 foot 2x4 and pushing the planks up to the next empty spot to nail .we learned alot.
    the neighbors are all wonderful,helpful to a fault.they want us to come visit and sometimes we do but we are so on a target tunnel visioned quest to work and get things done when we finally get out there that we dont.
    one thing for sure.it takes 5 hours to get there.so if shtf-we will probably not make it there.hopefully we will be living out there by then.

LOVE TO SEE SOME PIC. THOUGHT ABOUT TRYING TO BUILD ONE MY SELF.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to S & P we are glad you are here. Lots of good people and info here.

Do a quick search before asking your question, we have talked about a lot of things so it might be covered.

Include meta tags on threads you start so that they will be easier to search for.

Check out the blog articles there is some good info there.

Look on youtube for videos made by PAW Productions - delta69alpha and also Survival Report.

Lastly share your experience with the rest of us.
    "It's a trap!!!!" -- Admiral Ackbar

DSC_0556.jpgblackhawk...i would.can i post one yet.i am new here.let me try.this is the side of the cabin and our grandsons.'will have to find more pictures'.

Quote Originally Posted by cabingal3 View Post
    thank u tarheel.it is nice to meet u.well dont be jealous.it is a tiny cabin of 150 sq.feet but it is a semi a-frame.when we added the kitchen it was then about 180sq.feet in size.we are clearing off the land by hand and with the help of a chain saw.we had to tear apart a complete camper and have a big mobile home to tear apart and another camper.its in wildfire area.we can only burn our burn piles when we have the second snow.But it is an easy land.no snakes cause the dirt is pumice.lots of wild life though.
    we mostly have alot of funny memories of trying to hoist the 14 ft.lumber planks up for the roof and them falling and almost hitting my head.finally we figured this out by getting each of us getting a 10 foot 2x4 and pushing the planks up to the next empty spot to nail .we learned alot.
    the neighbors are all wonderful,helpful to a fault.they want us to come visit and sometimes we do but we are so on a target tunnel visioned quest to work and get things done when we finally get out there that we dont.
    one thing for sure.it takes 5 hours to get there.so if shtf-we will probably not make it there.hopefully we will be living out there by then.
    Cabingal3, you guys are my kind of people, keep up the good work!

Hi tarheel.i had to scout around for some cabin photos.here is a better one.
    264891_2155464015272_6631747_n.jpg

since this summer photo.we have finally added on another room.its the kitchen and on the back.i will get more photos later.
    u are my kind of people too tarheel.thank u.

Very nice!
    Boris- "He's famous, has picture on three dollar bill!"

Rocky- "Wow! I've never even seen a three dollar bill!"

Boris- "Is it my fault your poor?"