Howdy all,

I opened the ole cookbook today and fired up the crock pot to make some chili. I know, geographical location plays a big part in whether or not this is chili but play along anyhow (my uncle is a near lifelong resident of the lone star state and he gets irate when I call this chili even though he has yet to set down anything other than an empty bowl every time I give it to him)
Also , I have the recipe down with canned beans, I personally like to use dry beans and do the regular prep work with them.

Ingredients:
1. 1/4 cup salt pork cut into very small pieces.
2. 2lbs ground venison
3. 4 tbsp of minced garlic
4. 3tbsp minced onion
5. 1/4 cup chili powder
6. 5 tbsp chipotle powder
7. 1 green pepper chopped
8. 1 jalopeno pepper chopped
9. 1 large white onion chopped
10. 1 red pepper chopped
11. 6 large red tomatoes chopped (save all the tomato innerds to toss in the pot)
12. 1 can tomato paste
13. 2 large cans of tomato puree
14. 1 can light red kidney beans
15. 1 can great northern beans
16. 1 can black beans
Take a large pot and toss in ingredient #1. Allow to cook down for a couple minutes with the pot covered. Then add in ingredients 2-4 and allow to cook until about 1/2 done (mixing regularly).
Remove and pour contents into crock pot. With crock pot on high add in the rest of the list 5-16. Mix thouroughly. Once all the goodies start to bubble along, reduce to med heat and then let it cook for at least 4 hours then you can reduce it again to low heat. Let it finish off for another hour or hour and a half and you are good to go.

If you are in the great outdoors you can use a dutch oven. Start the meat combo in the dutch on a flame and then when you add in the other stuff just place the dutch in the coals like you normally would. Also reduce cooking time by about 1-2 hours depending on how hot it is cooking.