FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Cool hippies and why they will consume the world.

Now.
    im gonna rant some...so any Ed beagley fan boys out there your forewarned.

Hippies, rainbow people to be exact are imho will be the segment of society that will destroy "mother earth".
    You may ask why? they are green after all arent they? Maybe what they smoke! So.
    You have this large group that im swatting with a broad brush, that i feel is the most hypocritical group ive ever run into.
    It's not their lifestyle that does it. Trust me, I am more " hippy" than the tie dye phish concert shirt from 89 wearing non arm pit shaven patchulli wearing dred lock twisting subaru driving marley fan.
    I respect nature, i dont go to a national forest and just destroy the land. For example just yesterday i went to a spot that up to..um 2-3 days ago ( i could tell by the tracks,sign it was only days old) was pristine. Fast forward to Saturday, and there's tin cans and other metal trash in left over UN COVERED fire's. They fires were cold but they were not put out prior to who ever left camp, the ground was cleared, tree's still green cut down and half burned in large 8x8 fire rings...where you could see huge bonfires had been . other foliage cut along the trail, oak tree's that looked like someone had a axe fight with just to put cuts in them, and TP in piles, aka un kept, poorly hidden bathroom spots.....go back a few weeks an this area was spotless.
    These same types , drive their prius into a campground, one many here in my AO have been to. They hang out with their "family" or whatever they call themselves.Who are in a 1978 blue bird school bus with the "love earth" mural on the side. Meanwhile, 2 5500w honda gennys burping black smoke run non stop to keep the power going. The area is bare of grass,where months before even during hunting season, grass grew. Evene the evil hunters cant kill grass,,but the hippies can.
    I hear mother earth crying when they get out of their subarus and their birkenstock clad feet hit dirt..
    Yeah i know there;s a ton of good " green " folks out there, but help police your people. sitting around cross legged in the dirt playing your guitar while rolling up aint helping your cause any.
    I think what gets me mad, or annoys me the most is i know some here that live so much more sustainable than them. But it's this kind of left thinking that its there use it,abuse it, it aint mine mindset that seems to run rampant through this whole "group".

like i said i know theres good folks and bad folks of every kind, but dont scream save the whales, no war and love mother earth and the 1st thing you do is wage war on the principle your living your lifestyle on.!

rant off.....im off to eat my gluten free oatmeal and then check my garden.....
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Gus14
    We used to go down to Ithaca on the weekends and go hippie tippin'.
    It's great fun. Hippies are so stupid, they dont know they are being tippied until they hit the sidewalk.
    Then they just laugh in a manner I have never been able to fully explain. It is kinda like a combination of a laugh, grunt, and forceful expultion of air.
    Sometimes they just sit there and fall asleep. I hear they like to get themselves stoned. I havent ever mustered up the nerve to throw rocks at em but maybe someday I will.

them aint no hippies they were road dogs and crusty kidz.. real "hippies" if ya wanna label them that do not do that which you described..

It really aint no different than society as a whole with lack of young being taught right.. it is but a microcosm of society itself..

My family and I drove up north a piece a few years ago to a meet and greet. It was at a home of some folks that called themselves "hippies." It was clean, well taken care of place. Only utility service I could see was power, everything else they took care of on their own. They raised goats, had chickens and rabbits and the gal did really well with growing food also.

I probably had some pre-conceived notions when they called themselves "hippes." The guy there went off on a rant AGAINST the entitlement mentality that would have blown the mind of any conservative I know. I realized- these folks were more conservative than most conservatives I know!

The gal told stories about kids that came there to live with them that wanted to quote "live the hippie lifestyle" unquote. She said how they sat around on their sorry butts and wouldn't WORK. "That isn't the hippie life" she said. Since both of our families live to a large degree off the land, we knew exactly what she was talking about regarding lazy people. Some of the laziest I know are some of the ones you wouldn't expect to be. We had a great time hanging out with them that day. I would LOVE to have folks like that as my neighbors. They are "living it" and are more prepared than most of us.
    Boris- "He's famous, has picture on three dollar bill!"

Rocky- "Wow! I've never even seen a three dollar bill!"

Boris- "Is it my fault your poor?"

1Admin you hit the nail on the head. Some very good friends of mine that live nearby (relative term out here) are dyed in the wool hippies. Vegans, earth crystals, mother moon goddess or whatever. The whole nine yards. Awesome people and being vegan they know more than most about growing, storing and preparing vegetables. They've carved a neat little place out of nothing. Not the way I would do it, but to each their own. I've learned a lot from them and I like to think them from me. We just don't talk politics or hunting and all is well.

Now neo-hippies with their $40k electric cars... they can stay in the city with the neo-cowboys that have never even seen a horse, the neo-bikers with their sparkling clean leathers that are "in style", the neo-cons, the neo-liberals... In fact I just flat out don't care much for city people is what it boils down to. Seems they take a lifestyle they see in a movie and turn it into some kind of fashion statement. I guess when you life in an artificial environment it makes sense to have an artificial lifestyle.

Gold Contributing Member 6/2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomSeenSlim View Post
    Now neo-hippies with their $40k electric cars... they can stay in the city with the neo-cowboys that have never even seen a horse, the neo-bikers with their sparkling clean leathers that are "in style", the neo-cons, the neo-liberals... In fact I just flat out don't care much for city people is what it boils down to. Seems they take a lifestyle they see in a movie and turn it into some kind of fashion statement. I guess when you life in an artificial environment it makes sense to have an artificial lifestyle.
    Spent the last 5-10 minutes trying to best define 'hipsters', but I think you've got it all right there,

Middle class kids, usually at university for something like ‘modern art’, ‘film studies’… ‘Contemporary literature’ or else grown up and working for the government, some big charity or in education.

All IPhone’s, Starbucks and fair-trade-organic,

They might get one of those ‘grow your own tomatoes’ kits they sell at the supermarket for like

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomSeenSlim View Post
    1Admin you hit the nail on the head. Some very good friends of mine that live nearby (relative term out here) are dyed in the wool hippies. Vegans, earth crystals, mother moon goddess or whatever. The whole nine yards. Awesome people and being vegan they know more than most about growing, storing and preparing vegetables. They've carved a neat little place out of nothing. Not the way I would do it, but to each their own. I've learned a lot from them and I like to think them from me. We just don't talk politics or hunting and all is well.

very true, i know folks who are on both sides and like posted some are better prepared than some of us .
    like i posted i know i was using a broad brush but it just annoyed me to no end to see nature abused by the most vocal about not abusing it....plus i wanted to rant a little....
    then again i was cussing the backpackers/hikers... who only want to do trail maintenance when its "perfect" weather.....who then turn a nice tight "natural" trail into a side walk so their north face fleece doesn't get to much nature on it.....

maybe its that time of month for me lmao!
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Quote Originally Posted by 1Admin View Post
    My family and I drove up north a piece a few years ago to a meet and greet. It was at a home of some folks that called themselves "hippies." It was clean, well taken care of place. Only utility service I could see was power, everything else they took care of on their own. They raised goats, had chickens and rabbits and the gal did really well with growing food also.

I probably had some pre-conceived notions when they called themselves "hippes." The guy there went off on a rant AGAINST the entitlement mentality that would have blown the mind of any conservative I know. I realized- these folks were more conservative than most conservatives I know!

The gal told stories about kids that came there to live with them that wanted to quote "live the hippie lifestyle" unquote. She said how they sat around on their sorry butts and wouldn't WORK. "That isn't the hippie life" she said. Since both of our families live to a large degree off the land, we knew exactly what she was talking about regarding lazy people. Some of the laziest I know are some of the ones you wouldn't expect to be. We had a great time hanging out with them that day. I would LOVE to have folks like that as my neighbors. They are "living it" and are more prepared than most of us.
    Thankya much brotherman guess i should hang around a bit more often

Quote Originally Posted by protus View Post
    very true, i know folks who are on both sides and like posted some are better prepared than some of us .
    like i posted i know i was using a broad brush but it just annoyed me to no end to see nature abused by the most vocal about not abusing it....plus i wanted to rant a little....
    then again i was cussing the backpackers/hikers... who only want to do trail maintenance when its "perfect" weather.....who then turn a nice tight "natural" trail into a side walk so their north face fleece doesn't get to much nature on it.....

maybe its that time of month for me lmao!
    It is annoying for certain! Something we mtn folk are accustomed too though. It is totally sad and annoying to see folks escaping to the mountains to bring all their Babble-onian prepackaged garbage and then leave it here, then expect to be welcomed back with open arms.

To be fair I cant stand the term hippie but it is the only way people can begin to understand us... we choose to now identify as dreadnecks

Hipsters are scum of the Earth.
    And I do not get along with them.
    They think I am mean.

My Haiku
    You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?