Israeli Gas Masks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold Site Supporter 2014 thank you! 610Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries

DIY Cansolidator - Food rotation

Found this DIY canned food rotation plans thought I would share the link:

http://www.wikihow.com/Build-a-Rotat...ned-Food-Shelf

Probably wouldn't take much to tweak it for #10 cans.
    "If you will live like no one else, later on you can live like no one else." -- Dave Ramsey

Man that makes it almost to easy to rotate your food.

Blog Entries
    to think ive just pulled them off the shelf all these years ........LOL
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

it requires a certian amount of OCD.

Blog Entries
    the cansolidator requires a certain amount of OCD or pulling them off the shelf? When I saw the professional ones on http://www.shelfreliance.com it made me think of those kids toys with the marbles that would roll down and trip the cage to fall on the mouse. Oh well, I thought maybe someone out there would like an alternative to just pulling them off the shelf, automate the process of putting the new cans in the back and pulling the old cans to the front. Maybe for the person that just got started and bought a whole lot of food...
    "If you will live like no one else, later on you can live like no one else." -- Dave Ramsey

it was an inside comment. the can rotator is good idea.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgl21-61 View Post
    it was an inside comment. the can rotator is good idea.

it makes folks feel all good when all the cans are in aphlabetical order, sub classed by contents and rowed by order of caloric intake.. lol

if it works for some, its a good idea .....im just to simple i guess...plus i like cans falling on my toes LOL
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Super Moderator
    It looked like getting out cans of stuff that weren't right in front wouldn't be too hard but I wonder how well that would work for #10s. It would probably make it huge. You would probably need several of them. I wouldn't have the space for that. I do know people who have built similar ones underneath things in their house because of space. They just tweaked the design to fit the space. The other thing I'm thinking is that I don't always use up my #10s right away so I would probably have one dedicated rack for already opened cans so they didn't get mixed in with the unopened ones.

Blog Entries
    @Kat - I thought I saw somewhere in the article that it would work with #10 cans. If you don't have the space it really isn't an option, at least not one this size. For those that have a full sized basement this can help keep the prepp area organized. Being organized for when TSHTF will lower your stress level. I freely admit I have OCD tendencies, I like my tools organized but I have a messy desk and dresser. Drives my wife nuts.