FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

72.... What's your number?

So I travel around this geographical area a lot for work.

I get to know some of the folks in the post offices in the area.

Was in one a good bit north but I frequent the place a couple times a month. Have seen the same guy there repeatedly and we kinda have a rapport.

So we are making chit chat about the economy, etc. I usually never say a damn thing in public regarding these sorts of subjects. He's talking really negatively about the economy, says the local plant and probably largest employer could shut down any day.

I say "I bet this town would dry up and blow away without them here."

He replies- "nope, cause everyone here gets a check."

I laugh a little bit, he replies "No I'm serious, probably 90% of the people in this town get a check."

"Really? You think that many?" says I.

The only other guy in line who also knows the clerk says "well actually, it's about 72%."

The clerk smiles and says "if any man would know, it's him. He works at the county."

"Really? 72% get a check? You don't mean like SS or do you mean a check for doing nothing?"

"Yes, a check for doing nothing."

The talk continues between the two of them about the local economy, national, etc.

I play it off and say "you guys are making me want to go home and buy some gold and silver."

The clerk says "you need to go home and buy you some .22 ammo in case the checks ever stop coming."

What's YOUR number of your community or area?
    Boris- "He's famous, has picture on three dollar bill!"

Rocky- "Wow! I've never even seen a three dollar bill!"

Boris- "Is it my fault your poor?"

Gold Contributing Member 6/2012
    Strangely just checked and according to Nomis 72.1% of men 16-64 in Barnsley are in employment (67.2% overall), obviously US v UK is apples and oranges but still expected it to be a lot worse.

2013 Site Supporter jimmycthemd's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well....the actual number of government checks going out to folks is hard to find....the unemployment rate is about 7%. The number of folks living below poverty level is around 7.9%.
    "Common sense might be common but it is by no means wide spread." Mark Twain

2013 GOLD Contributing Member, thank you motesjm's Avatar
    74%. Gottcha beat! I recently read an article showing where AL is one of 11 states now with more people living off the government than employed in private sector jobs.

This can't - and should not - continue.

Free money give away in Iredell county, NC is over. People are allotted $600 per year for assistance to keep the power on for heat or AC in the winter and summer. In 2012 in 9 weeks they gave away 600,000 during the winter. This year the county was only given 300,000, and within 5 weeks they gave away every dime. My wife is an DSS supervisor and during those 5 weeks her team and other teams saw 150 people a day. Most qualified, but some were turned down because they had exceeded their allotted amount of yearly "support." There are less than 200,000 in the county total. roughly 5000 people came to get assistance. There are 70,000 homes in iredell county, so that would be about 8% of the people came for assistance. With 12% below poverty line according to census info, this is about what I figured. Oddly enough the people on food stamps percentage is near 30. That is a lot of hungry mouths. Iredell county is pretty large, but even with all that space the population density it 227 per square mile. Glad there is a bugout plan!!!

Blog Entries
    Worked around these leeches .....for to dammmmmmmmm long. That is all
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

2015 Silver Site supporter Rmplstlskn's Avatar
    OK, this thread is depressing.... And we think voting will work? We need a Monarchy to come and set up shop, one who will rule with a rod of iron...

Rmpl
    -=> Rmplstlskn <=-

Oh boy! That is certainly interesting. Looks like the flock is becoming more and more dependent upon the shephard. Shaking my head here.

Blog Entries
    fellas this aint nothing new..it didnt just start last month. these types basically have been bred to " get theirs" by any means.
    I heard someone a year or so back after tax time. when they rolled up to my wife to say hello in their new SuV. Her and her man havent got married but she has 3 kids ( two at the time of this story) 2 of them are his,,one hers, he works avg restaurant job..her the same and school. End result they stay seperate so she can get WIC, etc for the kids and her, and then they claim different on taxes they both came back with a ton of $$$..so its " easier"" to not get married. in their eyes.

Thats a tame one, working in the "give me youz owez me yo" industry i saw a ton of abuse not only by the end user but also by the government agencies. Like housing inspectors for the housing authority ( aka sec 8) who purchased their own duplexes , that couldnt pass inspection( read slum) but would harass local rental communities to allow persons of the same demographic as them( both by race and sexual preference) by failing inspections until the units were "like new".
    Wanna know how many of those " like new" homes werent so new after a few months?

I ran into a lady once. she was near i dunno late 50's early 60's. Standing by a mail box, she very rudely demanding i tell her were the mail man is. of course i dont control traffic etc so i couldnt answer her like she wanted. So she got more irritate. In her little temper tantrum she went on about why she was waiting there ( killing time by cussing my overly Caucasian self)..about how HER money better get here,,and how it was crazy to have to wait this long for HER money...and then went on about how she hasnt worked a day in her life since 1968.................

Maybe i should tell you all about grandmoms who are 50 ,,who are check grabbers,,who have daughters who have grand kids who have great grand kids and how all of them are check grabbers and have no issue of it,At times they are even proud of it.

Our system is tanked,,,it has been for years..there is such a LARGE majority who think its is perfectly acceptable to sit around and do nothing and expect the world handed to them,

more and more i think the movie idoracy was really filmed in the near future and brought back as a documentary.
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Entitlement Brigade get bigger every day!!! I used to think Solar Flare, EMP, etc would be the death nail for this country, but it is the waves of unapologetic, unembarrassed entitlement bunnies that our our biggest threat. They will be the reason that the economy tanks, and they will be the people you have to shoot to keep them from entitling themselves to your stuff.