DBAL-I2 IR Laser with IR Illuminator

Trijicon Miniature Rifle Optic (MRO
FLIR Scout TK
Mt. House Freeze Dried 1-Month Starter Unit
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

COMMUNITY! COMMUNITY! COMMUNITY!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoM0SMimgic

Don't forget to hit the channel and SUBSCRIBE.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

2013 Site Supporter jimmycthemd's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I couldn't agree more!!! I'm glad, though, that you made the distinction between regional disasters like hurricanes and the true PAW. In the regional disasters it's paramount that people get together to survive until help can arrive. In the PAW, there's not going to be anyone arriving. Although new to this (less than a year), I'm making plans to try to meet like-minded people in my immediate AO. Like everything else, it'll take a while and patience is the key. My father used to tell me all the time "If you're getting behind, slow down". What he meant was that it was easier in the long run to do it right the first time than to go back and fix it. Slow and methodical will win out 99% of the time.
    "Common sense might be common but it is by no means wide spread." Mark Twain

People will "band together" in a SHORT TERM emergency, i.e, hurricane to an extent. They will because of a couple things:

1. Social norms and the idea that "I'll have to face Bob next week after this is over and he will remember that I smacked him upside the head to get this can of beanie weanies from him.
    2. The understanding that even though law and order might be TEMPORARILY out, that it will return.
    3. The understanding that things will be restored- i.e, their is hope on the horizon type of deal.

We need to understand that thinking matrix and use that to our advantage because a lot of people will be SLOW TO ACT at the start of a long term situation because they think that "help is on the way", "thing will get better." As survivalists and recognizing things for what they REALLY ARE at that point, that is when we need to be TAKING ACTION. Either slipping out during the middle of the night or other actions. But we cannot get sucked into the "Mrs. Jones heard that the gubmint was coming to help us" BS rumors. And their WILL be those rumors, some of which will be made up by people that simply WANT TO BELIEVE THAT THEMSELVES.

That will be the point that the "I have to do research for years before I make a decision to act" types WILL FALL INTO INACTION and eventually die.

Their will not be ALL the "data" necessary to make a decision, but the decision will need to be made nevertheless. This will be the undoing of a lot of analytical types. The more initiative oriented action types will likely see the OPPORTUNITY to leave, to take other actions, etc. and "take the gap." The "I need more data, I have to research this for years" types WILL DIE IN PLACE waiting for "more data" that will never come.........

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Gold Site Supporter 2014 thank you! 610Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Excellent video...I especially liked the community...commune...communism explanation
    "If you will live like no one else, later on you can live like no one else." -- Dave Ramsey

2015 Silver Site supporter Rmplstlskn's Avatar
    Yeah, you, SP Forum and real-world experiences have popped many "community" bubbles I once had in my head and heart... Sadly, the reality is much more dark and dangerous. Maybe it will work in a community that is brought together divinely like the Hebrews being delivered out of Egypt... Time will tell...

Rmpl
    Last edited by Rmplstlskn; 02-28-2013 at 10:58 PM.
    -=> Rmplstlskn <=-

creman
    I think it depends on where you live or your surrounding situations most of all. For instance, if you live in Atlanta/New York/ Chicago/etc. I believe you'll need to form a community for secuirty purposes quick. Safety in numbers and force.

I see groups forming more of a tribal mentality in these situations. As far as my group, we have vetted each person and count on each other to the point we will survive and be able to somewhat defend our area. That allows us to reach out to larger/other groups while still being isolated to some extent. This has the benifit of being able to interact and trade with other groups while keeping intact our safety. Of course knowing what groups can be trusted and who you approach is a big issue as well.

Community is a great thing, once that community has been carefully chosen. Our small "community" (group is more approriate) is a group of individuals that are self suffecient and can help each other through the rougher times to share the load. But we all also agree to focus on immediate family, extended family, and then group in that order with aid and resources. We will just do all of this in a central location so that we can share responsability of work/security/and just have numbers when needed. I know this ideal probably won't last through a true end of the world type event, but at least it's a starting point of like-minded individuals.

I think it depends on where you live or your surrounding situations most of all. For instance, if you live in Atlanta/New York/ Chicago/etc. I believe you'll need to form a community for secuirty purposes quick. Safety in numbers and force.
    If you live in those areas you'll need to get the heck out, period. That's where the planning there should START.
    Boris- "He's famous, has picture on three dollar bill!"

Rocky- "Wow! I've never even seen a three dollar bill!"

Boris- "Is it my fault your poor?"

2013 Site Supporter jimmycthemd's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I live around Atlanta. If TSHTF, my first move is to load my vehicle and leave....even if I didn't have a definite destination, the further away from populated areas the better. Even with friends/family and all the tacticool stuff you can gather, the hords will overwhelm you....remember, there are MILLIONS of people in the area, most of them unprepared.
    "Common sense might be common but it is by no means wide spread." Mark Twain

creman
    In a real event, I would hate to be on the road worse than an apartment/house/condo I have prepared even if in the city. I think the idea of a road warrior, or "getting away" during an event is a bit of a fantasy.

Plus, you think the country folks will be kind to all those fleeing the city? I don't plan to be really, unless they have something more than a car of food to offer.

Sure, if you wait till the last minute to leave, yep.

But staying in a high population density area and trying to form a "community" with some retarded yuppies is a more definite way to die.
    Boris- "He's famous, has picture on three dollar bill!"

Rocky- "Wow! I've never even seen a three dollar bill!"

Boris- "Is it my fault your poor?"