DBAL-I2 IR Laser with IR Illuminator

Trijicon Miniature Rifle Optic (MRO
FLIR Scout TK
Mt. House Freeze Dried 1-Month Starter Unit
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    There's a reason I. "Bugged out " to a small town.
    It isn't perfect but compared to where I was it is. However, now what folks I did have a connection with are easily a 2-4 day walk away.eventually over time new contacts will be made...like all things time. I've even contemplated hitting the local big Baptist church to make /meet folks....
    All stuff that admin has talked about for years.
    Its hard for many "preppers " to get it...and understand the work needed past buying some gear and planting a small garden.
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

creman
    Big assumption to think you'll have advance warning to bug out...

I think I'll just agree to disagree. Especially when most people who say "bug out" don't have a destination that they are in control of, or they rely on the love of others. I feel this is a failure in prepping.

Let me put this out there, and I'm not trying to sound rude at all. But to prep means to be ready at the very moment it happens, this means depending on you and only your items to survive. If the plan is to run and hope someone takes you in, I do think you would be better off staying even in a big city with like minded people you have found ahead of time (part of prepping). Is it better out of the city? absolutely! However I realize this isn't realistic for some people.

If there is a true event that is big enough that you would have to bug out, You're not going to be able to just drive out of Atlanta/Chicago/etc. at that point in time. I suggest moving now while you can, but if you can't then I suggest a strong community is best. Again, the road warrior is ego and fantasy that will get people killed. I say it is better in a downtown apartment with like-minded individuals than on the road in a traffic jam with only what fits in your car.

If you have the foresight to get out before the event, then it's not really a topic anymore because you got away before it happened. You would no longer be in the city trying to bug-out and that is a different topic completely.
    Last edited by creman; 03-04-2013 at 05:23 PM.

Your not getting it at all and assuming way too much. Glad you edited though.
    Boris- "He's famous, has picture on three dollar bill!"

Rocky- "Wow! I've never even seen a three dollar bill!"

Boris- "Is it my fault your poor?"

Quote Originally Posted by creman View Post
    Big assumption to think you'll have advance warning to bug out...

I think I'll just agree to disagree. Especially when most people who say "bug out" don't have a destination that they are in control of, or they rely on the love of others. I feel this is a failure in prepping.

Let me put this out there, and I'm not trying to sound rude at all. But to prep means to be ready at the very moment it happens, this means depending on you and only your items to survive. If the plan is to run and hope someone takes you in, I do think you would be better off staying even in a big city with like minded people you have found ahead of time (part of prepping). Is it better out of the city? absolutely! However I realize this isn't realistic for some people.

If there is a true event that is big enough that you would have to bug out, You're not going to be able to just drive out of Atlanta/Chicago/etc. at that point in time. I suggest moving now while you can, but if you can't then I suggest a strong community is best. Again, the road warrior is ego and fantasy that will get people killed. I say it is better in a downtown apartment with like-minded individuals than on the road in a traffic jam with only what fits in your car.

If you have the foresight to get out before the event, then it's not really a topic anymore because you got away before it happened. You would no longer be in the city trying to bug-out and that is a different topic completely.
    Go back about 6-8 months in the podcast archives and listen to the bugging out series.

Hanging out waiting for a knife in the back by some "neighbor" of yours when they realize you've been "holding out on them" by not allowing your kids to starve like their kids are starving, isn't a plan.

Survival is about mitigating RISKS.

Taking a small family "vacation" because things start getting bad to which if the S doesn't fully HTF you come home but if it does, you end up away from the mass population centers, is going to better your overall survival prospects MUCH more than depending on the goodwill of people you don't really know who will shank you over something they need NOW, let alone when law and order breaks down.

Survival is about mitigating risks, it has little to do with COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

I don't think bugging out to a prepared area is any less unrealistic or fantasy than thinking you can survive in a high population density area after a major collapse.. As supplies run low and the rule of law is gone the unprepared WILL come looking for supplies. They WILL eventually find you and when they do they WILL kill you and take what you have. Even if they need to sift through the burnt ruble of what was your house or apartment to get it. Ideally we should be at our "retreat" already. Like me Most of us aren't. We have dozens of reasons why we must stay in the large cities and very few actionable plans as to how to get out of the city when the time arrives. Like anything in life if something does alot of things it seldom does any one thing well. This is the essence of compromise, Think multitool. When we want to live in a city because of finances, convenience, relationships whatever but plan to bug out when trouble arrives the compromise is a watered down version of the ideal (to live in relative safety). My plans include purchasing land and building my retreat, However I need more cash to do that so I live in a city where I can get work to finance my ultimate goal. In the interim I work towards a plan to "bug out" as soon as needed. Notice I said "work" not Plan. Because I am taking action on my plan, I am "working" it. I started a business that I can run AWAY from high population density areas, I research escape routes and then go put boots on ground, by that I mean I actually go there not use google earth. I work on caches, not just download plans on making them from Scribd.
    Is my current situation ideal?? Not even close. Everyday I am in this part of Southern Kalifornistan it is a gamble and I know it. Bugging out is risky but there are things you can do to reduce that risk.. I warn you though bugging out is risky business that will take planning, logistics,supplies and ACTION. yep your actually going to have to take action and by that I don't mean updating your excel spreadsheet of all the items you PLAN to buy for your bug out bag....

Some more of that community
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/20...est=latestnews

yep 1000 people who don't know each other shoved into a tight space trying to eat the same food, same water and wanting to be a leader will be just as deadly as the whatever. What happens when one runs out of food and the other still have food? or fuel, or water etc?
    People who don't train and work together will not make it, they are living a pipe dream thinking they can buy their way out of it. That is the main difference between a new prepper and survivalist. New preppers think the "community" will just show up and sing kumbaya whereas the survivalist knows that rosters need to be done for guard duty, work assignments need to be done for farming, cooking, water collection and purification, patrols, etc. They will know who is skilled at sniping, sewing, animal raising etc before an event and have cross trained each other. They will have worked and played together and know how to take each other and emotions wont be an issue like these folks that show up and suddenly the 3 dogs barking in the cave become an issue at 2am and when mr smith the guy in rv #3 decides to beat the snot out of his wife cause he is drunk for the 4th night in a row which is just how they live daily but no one knew.
    What powers the RV living quarters? Where does the carbon dioxide go? Whats to stop group in cave #1 from just bulldozing the entrance to cave #2 till they die and then open it back up a month later to take their supplies?

I'll stay with my plan and my group of known people
    Knowledge is Power, Practiced Knowledge is Strength, Tested Knowledge is Confidence

2015 Silver Site supporter Rmplstlskn's Avatar
    Wishful thinking, indeed, but a very cool place... With some $$$ and right people, that place could be 'da bomb for 'da bomb!

Kumbaya singing or not, I can't criticize anyone for actually doing something rather than getting orgasmic over tonights basketball game and not doing a darn thing...
    -=> Rmplstlskn <=-

Silver Site Supporter 9/2011 Grinnan Barrett's Avatar
    Right after watching the video we took a major power hit. thought I was in Jericho. Robert, I hope you know you just blew away all my male fantasies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rmplstlskn View Post
    Kumbaya singing or not, I can't criticize anyone for actually doing something rather than getting orgasmic over tonights basketball game and not doing a darn thing...
    I suppose you are right and perhaps i'm too critical I just want better for them not for them too fail
    Knowledge is Power, Practiced Knowledge is Strength, Tested Knowledge is Confidence

2015 Silver Site supporter Rmplstlskn's Avatar
    A "Community" video from Joe Fox of Viking Preparedness...

https://youtu.be/hCq2TLTXkQU
    -=> Rmplstlskn <=-