FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gainesville Show

Hi folks,
    I went to the Gainesville show today and had a great time. I was good to see lowdown and family. I learned a lot from the speakers. Tomorrow promises to be a repeat of today. There are plenty of seats left for Sunday. I suggest you get out, support the speakers, network, and have great time.

Bill

2013 Site Supporter jimmycthemd's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I was there, too. Guess we missed each other. I got to meet lowdown and rockriver...it was great to put faces to the names. I'll second that the speakers were excellent...got to pick up an S&P tshirt (thanks lowdown) and a few other things. The range of audience was from relatively experienced to newbies.

This was the first preparedness expo I've been to and it was a little different than I pictured it...in a good way. I've been to motorcycle, camping and other expos and most of them are mainly vendors hawking their goods and their 'lectures' were more infomercials. This was a few vendors and interactive talks with some substance. Each session ended with a q&a session and at the end of the day all the speakers got up and had a 'group' q&a session. I'd definitely recommend going...well worth the time and money.

jim
    "Common sense might be common but it is by no means wide spread." Mark Twain

Was very nice seeing everyone there! Hope folks got a lot out of both talks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

both talks were real good.
    it was good to see bill, jimmyc and lowdown and family.
    i'm impressed with how yall are raising your son.
    manners and sharp brain too.
    i asked some detailed questions on some of ld equipment that was for sale.
    he knew...
    btw, the show mgr continued to interrupt the speakers....
    that was bad, because he had obtained some real good speakers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    I'll agree with that one. He also used the mike at the end Q&A while others were 'mikeless'. I thought that was kinda rude, also. But, overall, well worth the time/money.

I'll agree with that one. He also used the mike at the end Q&A while others were 'mikeless'. I thought that was kinda rude, also. But, overall, well worth the time/money.
    Unfortunately, Ya'll don't know the half of it!

How someone could go out his way to be rude to speakers (that were part of the draw to the show), vendors (where he made some of the money) AND the attendees (who also paid him). I think that really requires some effort LOL. Heard horror stories from literally every vendor and most of the attendees we talked to relating to the promoter directly be rude to them.

All that bad management aside, we had HOPES Saturday morning that if he would just stay out of the way, that attendees would be able to enjoy the show, listen to the speakers, etc. But when he insisted on talking for several minutes after each speaker giving false and at times contradictory information regarding the subject the speaker just covered, well I knew then the guy was done.

For the record-

1. I have lived for a short time off of greatly reduced caloric content when I lost 50 lbs. in 4 months a few years ago- the "all you need is 1,200 calories a day" information he talked about is more than just false information, it will cause death if you PLAN on that assumption as he suggested. The human body needs 13 calories PER LB. OF BODY WEIGHT per day to maintain. I.e, if your 200 lbs. you need 2,600 calories TO MAINTAIN, not gain, not lose. This is more than just a theory or some egghead's calculations, I know this to be true because I lost 50 lbs. in 4 months using the "13 rule." I believe I mentioned in my "Lessons learned" talk about the danger in people that have no idea what they are talking about and/or that haven't really had any experience with a subject speaking or playing expert. Him saying this is a PRIME EXAMPLE of that.

2. When you open a #10 can, whether it's dehydrated of freeze dried (both different processes and products, their is no "dehydrated freeze dried food"), the contents of the can do NOT turn to "mush" in a week. Snap the plastic lid back on there and like I mentioned if the product is powderized or finely broken down i.e, milk powder, cheese powder, tomato powder, etc. then you'll need to use it up within a few months. For most other food products, you may have six months or even years. Watch for a video soon showing some OPEN #10's that are a couple years old.

3. Your grains and beans will not "turn to mush" in "5 years". This is by far the most dangerous, deceptive and ridiculous thing I've ever heard stated, even from someone who obviously knows nothing.

I too was extremely disappointed in the attitude of the promoter, he's done and if he is remotely smart he will even realize it.
    Robert Henry

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Blog Entries
    I especially 'liked' his references....'I was a Wise Food distributor for 4 years' LOL....Gee, if I had the desire, I could be a Wise Food distributor....doesn't make you an expert!!
    Last edited by jimmycthemd; 03-13-2013 at 11:32 AM.

zombie shadow puppets

By the way,
    Here is a pic of one of the presenters showing us the art of zombie shadow puppets. I got a lot out of that one.

handpuppets.jpg

Makes me wish I had been able to have gone to this one instead of the one in Nashville. :{

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    By the way,
    Here is a pic of one of the presenters showing us the art of zombie shadow puppets. I got a lot out of that one.

handpuppets.jpg
    But an awesome T shirt!!!