JRH Products
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I get 9 in the city and about 15 on high way, but my motor is set up for racing, manly off road. It is really fun.

2015 Silver Site supporter Rmplstlskn's Avatar
    When you haul an RV trailer and kayaks, you pay the price at the pump and for a truck worthy of the task... But it can also haul a tractor on a flat bed if needed, or a cattle trailer... So it has usefulness. My Toyota Tundra with I-Force V8 gets 15 city and 19 or so highway. Towing the trailer it drops to about 12 on flat ground, less when in the mountains...

Our economy cruiser for fun trips to and from is my wife's Toyota Corolla which gets 30 something MPG...

I need 4 more years of decent economy, no collapse, to have the 0% APR Toyota Tundra paid off... We'll see if we make it that long.

Rmpl
    -=> Rmplstlskn <=-

apologies...
    i don't have a 1994 truck. i have a 2004 chevrolet. that was mentioned above.

protus.. i'm impressed. 24 is awesome.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    The Force is strong with this one.

I'm convinced if your gonna move to the country and eat a lot of peaches (remember that song?), then at least one of your vehicles has to be a high MPG vehicle. Gas ate us up with the Jeep but it was paid off and we didn't have the cash for year to replace it. We saved a little bit here and there till we got a small import. At 35-37 MPG it takes me around to business meetings, classes, etc. and is cheap on gas.

A lot of folks thought the $3. and then even $4. gas was a fluke, a short term deal. My one brother even told me that he knew gas would go back to $1. a gallon. I saw the writing on the wall. Right before we purchased it, gas had hit $4. briefly. Running the numbers on how much I drive, I realized it could have even justified a $250. range car payment and slightly saved on gas. In other words, the savings of basically double MPG could have went towards a $250. car payment. Thankfully we kept saving while we kept nursing the other vehicle along until we had the funds to go in and pay cash.
    I may end up getting a higher MPG car, it all depends on how soon I can work 4 -10 hour days and how soon I can do 1 of those days from my home office. The new job is about double the mileage but if I can cut the number of days in the office down to 3 days a week I will only drive 50 miles more per week than I do now.
    "It's a trap!!!!" -- Admiral Ackbar

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    apologies...
    i don't have a 1994 truck. i have a 2004 chevrolet. that was mentioned above.

protus.. i'm impressed. 24 is awesome.
    That's was its best at 80+ k now...its more like 20...
    Heck its sad I'm looking at a car payment to said no.eyes in the long run LOL
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

05 chevy PU get 18 on a normal trip, 20 on a long highway trip and gonna drive it till the wheels fall off, hit the lottery or the s does htf
    Knowledge is Power, Practiced Knowledge is Strength, Tested Knowledge is Confidence

Site Supporter and Beta Tester
    About 9MPG in the old lady's 3/4 ton 4X4 suburban with a 8.1L 496. 'MERICA!
    אני אעמוד עם ישו וישראל

xd,
    yee hah on a macho rig... how big of a plow will that thing pull? 4 row?

ld,
    congrats on the "paid cash." in my work, i learned about folks with their car and house payments... i can tell you that you are in a very small percentage of folks.
    very very few folks pay cash for their car...
    high mpg and room for the family and all the gear you had at that seminar...
    !!
    now you've got the fuel savings and no car payment... mighty good financial management!

we moved "out from town" and realized a high mpg car would be necessary.
    toyota camry hybrid.
    driving 75 to 80 with a load we get 37 to 38
    around town 42 to 44 if we pamper it.
    mixed driving. 41 to 42 pretty easy to do.
    helps offset that pick up truck.

if we have an emp,,, probably bad news for the electronics on that one!

I get 30 to 33 - depending on the type of fuel I use. But it is a small Dodge car/hybrid/thing lol
    The truck - no idea. The gas guage doesn't work, and hasn't for as long as we have owned it. So we don't know what the mpg is, but we know it ain't good!

When I had my '94 Ford F150 6cyl truck, it got about 24 mpg. When I bought it, it took around $40 to fill both tanks, now it takes $40 to fill the 12/13 gal tank on my little car. Bah!

Blog Entries
    i pay more in gas than my mortgage LOL whats sad is i passed up a place that cost more closer to town because of the price and well..it was closer to town.wanted to be clear of the fsa ..and im paying what i would there in gas LOL.

think me and the wife are gonna carpool and save the $$$
    just hard for me to get rid of my truck because it comes in handy now that we are out here...and i really dont wanna get back into the car payment deal ...
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!