FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

2013 Georgia Campout October 11-13

Located just outside of Douglas, Georgia at General Coffee State park. From Douglas, take Hwy 32 EAST towards Nichols, it will be the FIRST ENTRANCE on the left hand side. Go through the gate and follow the paved road ALL the way to the back where their is a gate and a warning about gopher turtles. The Pioneer camp area is beyond that gate. Sometimes the park rangers come along and lock the gate, sometimes they don't. They will not give me the gate code till the MORNING of check in. We will post it on the forums LATER in the morning and also, it will be on the voice message of my cell at 912.375.1480 You can always ask at the front office of the park for the gate code.

When you come in the gate CLOSE IT but you do not need to lock it with the padlock, just put the padlock in place so it LOOKS like it's locked.

As always, we are camping at the Pioneer campgrounds at the back of the park. This is nice cause it gives us a little seclusion from the rest of the park. Hence, no worries about SHTF discussions around the campfire bringing unwanted attention.

Setup day is Friday any time after noon. Plan on leaving by mid morning on Sunday. Your welcome to arrive whenever you want AFTER NOON on Friday and stay for 2 minutes, 2 hours or 2 days! Some folks come for the weekend, others for a day, others for a few hours.

We will offer a bunch of classes as normal and as always we are open to suggestions and volunteers for classes Classes are optional, informal so don't feel like you "have" to participate. Don't worry about "performance anxiety" or anything No one will put you on the spot. Seriously, this is a friendly environment and we always encourage people to try new skills at these. This is the place to try new gear, ask questions of helpful folks that have been doing this for a while and LEARN.

Your welcome to bring your family. Everyone at these loves kids, but keep them from burning themselves, stealing stuff, running amok or otherwise going Lord of the Flies and everything will be fine. LOL

It's a PRIMITIVE campsite, bring a tent and your own supplies. Their IS cabins to rent at the park and others have availed themselves of these at previous, so you won't be the first if you choose to rent a cabin instead of camping. Location is six miles East of Douglas and Douglas has Superwalmart, hotels, dining, etc. So if you don't want to "rough it" but would like to come, please feel free.
    Bring barter/trade items and it might behoove you to bring a couple bucks cash for trade/purchasing. These events usually have several people that bring a LOT in the way of gear.

Cost for the campout is just $20. for each family.

In the spirit of SELF RELIANCE and promoting the learning of skills (cooking in the field, etc) you will need to bring your own food. We have in the past had a dedicated group of 3 or 4 YOUNG men to cook breakfast from time to time but we will let them rest and enjoy themselves this go around. Their will be some firewood that I will bring but if you have any wood, feel free to bring it.

Now, for those that have never attended one of these-

What you won't find at one of these-
    *Very much conspiracy talk
    *Everyone acting like a ninja and going around all "tacticool" or dressed head to toe in BDU''s (we do NOT encourage that)
    *Open display or handling of real firearms. (Sometimes plastic "red guns" have been used for classes on disarming techniques, use of space, working angles, CQB related stuff)
    *Someone asking you personal questions- if someone does, let me know and I'll use them for choke demonstrations But seriously, we all respect each others privacy at these things, first names are fine. Call yourself Mickey Mouse for all I give a rip Opsec is in full effect. That means respect other people's OPSEC also! Don't be "that guy."

What you WILL find at these-
    *In general a pretty damn nice group of people.
    *Kids and women folk. Not always in great abundance, but they are there.
    *Chance to talk/hangout with like minded folks in person, meet others in your area.
    *Chance to learn various skill sets that people usually have to actually PAY good money for.
    *Chance to test your equipment/supplies in the field in a friendly environment where others are willing to help you.
    *Chance to checkout/test/see other people's gear, maybe some equipment you been interested in but wanted to see in person before buying.
    *A whole lot of people with ACTUAL REAL WORLD experience in preparing, versus what you sometimes find on the net.

Their is a gate at the back of the park that leads to the Pioneer campsite. As we get closer and the park announces the code for that weekend, we will post the code. It's always on my cell also from the time I get it. Other than that, it's a simply drive on blacktop all but the last 200 yards. Small cars make it to the campsite without a problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Blog Entries
    my boy is wound up tighter than an 8 day clock...running amok is what he does...course he's 5...and couldn't be quiet if his life depended on it. He did go camping this spring for the first time but I had to turn his "ears" on for him since he wasn't able to find the on button for his own ears...lol.
    "It's a trap!!!!" -- Admiral Ackbar

yahoo!
    looking forward to it!
    i remember 2 five year olds..
    one was great. pleasant, shy. but no trouble caused by him at all.

another 5 y.o. played in fire.. threw sticks across the group. constantly putting himself and others in physical danger... parent(s) just sat there and smiled.

a great learning opportunity. a great time of fellowship. i've made a number of friends that are "welcome in my camp."

time for a what if...
    you done loaded up and went way off from home to go camping with some folks.
    it's been a busy day... sitting around the campfire at 10;30 pm.
    you have no electricity cause you are in the "primitive" part of the campground. it's a 4 hour ride back to your home.
    light comes from the fire and a couple of lanterns and your flashlight.
    discussion around the fire has included all kinds of scenarios... war, economic,
    riots, plague, bird flu, emp ... etc..
    most everyone there is survivalist/preparedness oriented and has been for years.

2 ole geezers (co- campers) walk up to the fire and tell everyone that all lights/electricity has gone down in that geographical area. size of area is unknown.. the response is yah yah and teasing and ridicule to the geezers.
    the geezers first question to the campers is "have you got enough gas to get home?"
    geezer one lived 2 hours away and is inviting folks that if they have low gas they can stay at his home till transportation can be arranged.
    finally someone goes to the only thing civilized in the campground, and tries to get water for more coffee from the spigot... no water, just sputters a few times.
    now, the campers are beginning to think maybe the geezers aren't teasing.
    what are the first 3 statements, exclamations, or questions made by the campers
    that are not teasing/razzing back toward the two geezers?
    what question would you be asking/wondering?

Well since I have 188 miles to go, I would more than likely have a half of a tank or close to it +/-. If the what if is true, I am gone. With wife and 2 boys under 6, gotta get back to the homestead.
    If vehicles did not work, I am sorry my friends, I am humping it. My camping gear is my backpacking gear so I am mobile, minus the cooler and chairs which I will donate to the crowd. I now always keep an extra box of ammo on me during trips now and a case or two of water so I have the necessities.

But, I would question the geezers if they had taken their medicine first. :P Then ask if the cause is known and also see if anyone else is going north in my direction because multiples are better than solo. I try to have a contingency plan for everything but sharknado attacks
    You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?

good call wise.. "If vehicles did not work, I am sorry my friends"

in the "what if" geezer one will go check his truck and it cranks and lights work.
    " " " --- yep, both geezers had taken their meds.. lol
    " " " --- nope... "cause is unknown" they report.

since i came up with the "what if..." with a little help from some other folks!!
    nope... i don't believe anyone is headed north...bad news... long walk... good news. your vehicle was not disabled by the event... just can't get gas!

good questions to ask... but not the answers in the story! i liked the one about the meds!

I can say now with my wild imagination and your endless what if's, there are going to be some fun chatter round the ole fire ring!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOwl View Post
    I can say now with my wild imagination and your endless what if's, there are going to be some fun chatter round the ole fire ring!

you have no idea lmao!!

(ole southern accent)
    See,,what if this here old boy,,lets call him jim.. was out here, lets just say jim has a big old 4x4....and BOL...well id be wise to say ole jim may just get home, what do yall say....(ole southern accent)

dont miss these events folks they are one the best ones hosted in the south east IMHO!
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Quote Originally Posted by protus View Post
    you have no idea lmao!!

(ole southern accent)
    See,,what if this here old boy,,lets call him jim.. was out here, lets just say jim has a big old 4x4....and BOL...well id be wise to say ole jim may just get home, what do yall say....(ole southern accent)

dont miss these events folks they are one the best ones hosted in the south east IMHO!
    You going to make it?

We can have a "gear off"....... And what-if-a-thon!

discussion topic.. proposal
    tim lahaye amd craig parshall wrote a book entitled thunder of heaven.
    i picked up the hardback for $4.00 at lifeway christian on their discount shelf...
    story line... american exec branch is conspiring with international big money men and foreign countries for bad purposes and iran/korea/russia attempt to nuke u.s. and israel.
    here's the offer.. if you buy the book, i'll give you $3.00 for it at the campout.
    offer good for up to 10 of you! (if you want to sell it!) by the way, if something comes up and i can't make it, the offer is still good. i'll get someone to pay up and collect the books.

i know this is a hard to fathom "what if" but, it might make for an interesting discussion base... oh yeah... in the book, american economy is crashing at the same time.
    yep. hard to believe any of the above 3 items could happen in america.
    (this is not a 100% endorsement of lahaye. for this purpose i'm laying down our differences!)
    rr