FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    just, i hope you can make it..

speaking of... cabins.. well... what if there was this ole boy, real green at this camping business, and well he'd been working to bring his bride for her second campout. well what if the campers on the internet were arguing about how cold it was going to get.. one would predict 23 and another would predict 28 degrees. well, the ole boy was trying to get 2 new couples to come too... real macho types. cold weather doesn't bother us, they'd say. so the plan would be something like.. the guys will camp. we'll put the ladies up in the cabin for sleeping. we'll share the cost and it won't be bad cost on anybody.. besides that, this is so. ga.. no way it will get to the low 20's!!
    new folks agreed. 2 bedroom cabin rented. cold weather gear dug out for the ole boy. tent with a large tarp (tarp majal, but that's another story) 2 days before the campout, 2 newbie couples backed out... too cold!!
    and too late to cancel the rental!! ole boy stuck with the rental!

ole boy went.. wife went.. she had cabin to herself.. and what if the temp dropped to 17!! the one water spigot froze!! the stew in the huge pot froze!!
    well, a bunch of lessons would have been learned if this had been a true story!
    if it was true, the ole boy, would have rolled up his bed roll late saturday and headed over to the nice warm cabin! if it was true the ole boy would've offerred use of the cabin to the other campers. nope.. the macho fellas would have none of that wimpiness. lol... what if ole boy had been drinking hot coffee and hot chocolate, trying to stay warm. coffee in means coffee out!!
    what if... it's 17 degrees and ole boy had to "take a walk" several times.. talking about what a lesson that would have been! lol..

looking forward to it!! and all the "lessons."
    rr

LOL ooh Rockriver what the gift for waxing poetic you have... lets just say that there was this camp out where a man wanted to find fellowship around a fire in the middle of the woods,, staring into the flames he was in touch with his primitive man and enjoyed the bond , the kinship of those he swapped stories with was deep even though the tales of great feats of hunting and stamina were stretched to the limits of poetic license. The man knew that his journey had not been in vain. Though he had traveled the length of the land he knew that the hardships had been part of the reward and the man, though frozen to his loins under the strange stars of a distant land was content none the less. While images of the day passed before his weary and drooping eyes he mumbled to himself " to hell with cabins,, men sleep under the stars"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by justanothergunnut View Post
    LOL ooh Rockriver what the gift for waxing poetic you have... lets just say that there was this camp out where a man wanted to find fellowship around a fire in the middle of the woods,, staring into the flames he was in touch with his primitive man and enjoyed the bond , the kinship of those he swapped stories with was deep even though the tales of great feats of hunting and stamina were stretched to the limits of poetic license. The man knew that his journey had not been in vain. Though he had traveled the length of the land he knew that the hardships had been part of the reward and the man, though frozen to his loins under the strange stars of a distant land was content none the less. While images of the day passed before his weary and drooping eyes he mumbled to himself " to hell with cabins,, men sleep under the stars"

lmao.

dont let my wife see that ive got her convinced sleeping under a sil tarp is pure luxury lol....she'll take my tarp away to prove a point lol
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

I don't tarp tent but send me specs and I will bring you a backup.... LOL

I hope it does cool down a bit by then. The best feeling on earth is sleeping in a hammock when its in the 40's-50's at night.

Hitting the hills in 3 weeks for 14 miles, Looks like I will try and jump start fall with a fire dance :P
    You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?

Is anybody looking for anything specific at Bartertown? Extras to trade? One month out, time to start load planning...
    Salutations,
    Templar

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________

There are very good reasons why we all are gathered here...

templar,
    bring the big truck.
    stack it high!
    tie it down tight!

helmets?
    ammo?
    camping stuff?
    silver coins pre 64, silver dollars, eagles.
    web gear?
    tools ?

anybody need any 6.5 x 68 german ammo?
    the swapping/trading at this campout has been excellent in the past.
    lol... ?ratchet strap? lol

Wise owl i will be bringing my hammock might need some advice so i dont sleep on the ground at 2:00 in the morn.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk View Post
    Wise owl i will be bringing my hammock might need some advice so i dont sleep on the ground at 2:00 in the morn.
    Yessir!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!
    You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?

looking for stuff for swap meet.
    i talked to a couple of folks...

books/manuals on solar elec
    body armor
    pri g/d
    archery bows/arrows/bolts/supplies