Israeli Gas Masks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2014 Silver Site supporter Rmplstlskn's Avatar

Thumbs up Analytical Survival YouTube Channel

Analytical Survival Channel

I just bumped into this YouTube Channel from Suvivalblog... Not bad for generalities...

I like how he talks fast and clear so he gets in a lot of info into the YouTube limitations...

Rmpl

Blog Entries
    little to organized for my taste on some subjects.( i guess thats the analytical part huh ) But good info and well produced films.
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

2014 Silver Site supporter Rmplstlskn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by protus View Post
    little to organized for my taste on some subjects.( i guess thats the analytical part huh ) But good info and well produced films.
    Yes, that guy accentuates the first four letters of analytical... Did you see the rack he built and the space it took up just to hold PAPER TARGETS? Whoa!

Rmpl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmplstlskn View Post
    Yes, that guy accentuates the first four letters of analytical... Did you see the rack he built and the space it took up just to hold PAPER TARGETS? Whoa!

Rmpl
    no, but i did see the water one...the drink mix one...and a few others (also a sub to his channel)....like i said not bad info. It is just way way to OCD like for my taste. I tell folks to watch them becuase some folks like that sort of deleviry of information. Me. not so much.

Gold Site Supporter 2014 thank you! 610Alpha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I recall the 6 P Mantra - Proper Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance. Some may call that OCD, he is definitely current or ex military. People don't plan to fail they fail to plan; this guy has laid it out very concisely even for those "free spirits" (Ramseyism). Its this level of analysis that saves us money and pain later on. Kind of the point I think. I want people to learn from my mistakes and I am willing to learn from someone else.

This guy has probably saved me hundreds if not thousands of dollars on wasted gear not to mention the time. I don't know about you but I think we all have wasted enough time and money. He does have an Oriental undertone, talking about fluidity and flow. I think Musashi wrote a book about something along those lines, can anyone confirm?

I also appreciate the speed factor, high speed low drag!! Thanks Rmplstlskn for the link!!
    "If you will live like no one else, later on you can live like no one else." -- Dave Ramsey

Some good info in some places....some questionable things in others. Something makes me go hmmmm....... about him.

Blog Entries
    This guy has probably saved me hundreds if not thousands of dollars on wasted gear not to mention the time. I don't know about you but I think we all have wasted enough time and money.

Wasted time on what? Humping a med alice vs a nice 200$ ruck? using a fire steel vs a blast match, using non goretex boots vs gtx ones? buying a filter vs that other filter...?????

Any time put into your preps is not wasted. If you mess up you learn from that, if your succesful again you learn from that. Wasted gear? If you bought a 11.99$ LAPG "BOB" becuase some ****** on the web said so and the buckles broke on the way to your car, thats not on anyone but the buyer.
    Much of what "preparing" is about is common sense and keeping your goals in sight. Not flopping down the credit card or cash to buy what someone has said you need( it seems ALS has a ton of new store bought items)

when i hear someone say you MUST HAVE...in a film... i go right into "umm ok" mode. Especially when it is over an item that doesnt perform as what the guy states....or when he makes it sound harder than what it is.BUt you MUST have it to survive. Again this is similar to those who want a "list" and to be told what to have vs doing it for themselves. In all honesty thats how his films come across.

" Oh you WILL need this, or your gonna die...YOU must have xyz, but if you do you must DO abc to it, or else...."

Like hawk said HMM. I find a lot of his info reguriatated and over thought.Again some folks like that delivery. I do not. But if it makes some one prep all the better.
    People take the time to tear into my 6 over my films and i expect it....after all....i didnt have anyone tell me what camera i needed, or how to set up my lighting or how to make my intros..........i had to learn it

so im off to put some 9mm "snake" shot in my lbe becuase they are SOoooo effective against snakes...

Blog Entries
    I always take what anyone out here says with a grain of salt....ie his fancy smanshcy burner, I bet I can get water to boil with one of those little alcohol pop can burners for a lot less than his burner. NO I am not going to go out and buy shot shells for my sidearm either, I can walk around the snake He doesn't belabor the point and waste my time repeating himself and I don't think he is misleading me on the various food products that they taste tested (again my taste buds can tolerate MRE's I ate enough of them in the Army that I can make them taste good hint: Tabasco sauce helps out a lot . I am enough of a free thinker to use common sense and I don't take what anyone says for the TRUTH or that I am going to go out and buy what they say. Never have never will, God gave me his Spirit to discern with. If I even get a whiff of someone trying to tell me 2+2=5 I ignore that piece and move on to the next piece of info. So far from what I have seen of his videos (only watched 4) his info is pretty good (except for the burner and the shot shells) and he has some good thoughts on what to include (I did like including what looked like a 5 hour energy drink - small yet has some benefit and I am sure someone here disagrees with me on that). I also like what http://www.m4040.com has to say on survival gear. He has, IMO, the most compact yet encompassing survival pack (fits in a LBE 3 Magazine Pouch) and I am sure there are some here that would disagree with that statement.

Again thanks for the link
    "If you will live like no one else, later on you can live like no one else." -- Dave Ramsey

I've watched a few of them. He lost me at the organized targets and target holder contraption.

But that's just ME. Others may like that kind of style.

I see things like that and my first thought goes to how many projects I have to finish that actually help our survival, homesteading, etc.

The other factor may be the author/speaker. Some folks are better at "ad lib" speaking than others. Further some would not even attempt something like that without a script.

I've tried to use a "script" it doesn't work for me. I make notes sometimes on what I want to discuss/show but that's usually it. The way I work is that one idea is kinda "linked" to another idea in my head. Usually about the time the main idea is out, I'm looking at six sets of "links" and I chase down (or try to) all of them.

Here's a perfect example- folks wanted a Nuclear protection class at a Frugal's campout a few years back so I abliged. I ended up talking for an hour and half about nuclear protection using no notes. I'm sure I repeated myself once or twice, especially on key issues (I feel you have to). All I did was keep "linking" from one idea to the next, from one thing to the other in my mind and that kept me going all that time. I probably could have kept going but people were already looking for 550 cord and stout trees and rubbing their wrists on sharp rocks LMAO J/K.

Everyone has a different speaking/teaching style. I've seen instructors that say "hold ALL questions to the end." Well Hades! I'm not going remember the question at the end of the day!!! I usually say "let me know if you have questions, but let's not get bogged down too much in the "what if's" that it disrupts the class. A couple years back I went to a gun class wherein one guy (THAT guy) asked the instructors fifty million stupid questions that always broke the cycle of instruction when the instructor took the time to answer them. Really stupid stuff that the guy should have been asking the instructor AFTER class- when it was HIS time, not EVERYONE'S time. By the afternoon I started keeping track and "that guy" cost the class AT LEAST 1 hour of instruction on his stupid little "what if" questions that derailed class. To be honest, I was pretty darn angry over that. At $200. a day for an 8 hour day, "that guy" cost everyone in the class $25.

On the recommendations, etc. issue- while their is no problem following someone's advice- hopefully someone who has either used the product long term or lived the way they are promoting, etc. I.e, have experience. Understand that this STILL does not amount to a cut and paste solution FOR YOU.

Packing a BOB the way Protus shows it, or YoutubeSurvivalMaster 4000 shows you, or whoever is a good START. The thing is, you have to get past "Go" and collect your $200. If your BOB only ever sits in a closet packed neatly and nicely the way you read or saw on the internet, you haven't passed "Go."

I carry some stuff in my BOB that some folks would consider crazy or worse. But I know how to use them and "I" can see a use for them. Should everyone carry them? Nope probably not. And I'm sure their are things that others would think I was "missing" from my BOB.

Lists offer general guidelines, you have to adapt them for YOUR usage. This is why it's so important to get out try stuff, use your storage food regularly, etc. It's only from that experience that you are going to grow your confidence and make corrections as needed to your gear.

These are the things you want to find out NOW versus later.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Blog Entries
    @lowdown3 - during the Nuclear protection class did you give them the Army speech of "if you see a mushroom cloud bend over stick your head between your knees and kiss your butt goodbye JK

I hated doing presentations in speech class but I did find that when I practiced my presentation (usually used power point with the main points) it came out smoothly and I didn't . Repetition is important to an extent, I find that just making the simple statement of "did you hear what I said ________ is important". That gets their attention and usually sticks. Just repeating something doesn't always drive the point, had lots of profs that would repeat the stupidest points that didn't amount to a hill of beans, that seems obvious as I write it but evidently some profs just didn't understand that.

I find that when I don't have some guideline of what I want to talk about I can forget something important or ramble on. Helps keep me on track.

I agree with the "That Guy" issue, those questions should be set aside for after the class. Had a lot of those in college, wasted class time grrr.

I take notes in classes when teachers want me to wait to ask my questions, I have forgotten them too, but learned to take a note pad with me so that I can write down my questions or make important notes. I liked it when teachers provided us with power point slides so that I could print them out and add my own notations to them during the class.
    Last edited by 610Alpha; 09-16-2010 at 11:15 AM.