FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies

Another alternate to harbor freight BS panels

http://www.solarblvd.com/p2754/W-Sol...duct_info.html

I got one of these a year or so back. Not to integrate in with our current system but to primarily keep for EMP backup, demonstrate while camping, etc.

The HINGES were bunk, but they were an easy fix and the company hooked me up well on the bad hinges.

They might have gotten better hinges on them now, don't know. The hinges are only necessary for the folding.

Either way, with a little charge controller this set is much cheaper (per watt) than the harbor freight "kit" everyone banties about online.

So here again is another alternate, this one more of a "plug and play" setup.
    Boris- "He's famous, has picture on three dollar bill!"

Rocky- "Wow! I've never even seen a three dollar bill!"

Boris- "Is it my fault your poor?"

would the charge controller be easy to remove or bypass if/when it goes bad as I see it is mounted I assume to one of the panels or is it mounted to the frame??

Quote Originally Posted by 1Admin View Post
    http://www.solarblvd.com/p2754/W-Sol...duct_info.html

I got one of these a year or so back. Not to integrate in with our current system but to primarily keep for EMP backup, demonstrate while camping, etc.

The HINGES were bunk, but they were an easy fix and the company hooked me up well on the bad hinges.

They might have gotten better hinges on them now, don't know. The hinges are only necessary for the folding.

Either way, with a little charge controller this set is much cheaper (per watt) than the harbor freight "kit" everyone banties about online.

So here again is another alternate, this one more of a "plug and play" setup.
    Question for ya,
    What's your thoughts about the pair of 140 watt cells for $288?
    I've got lots of spare controllers.
    Seems like a darned good deal.
    ???
    /john

Clicked on the link, but they no longer have them listed, but like prc-104 noted the pair of 140 watt cells looks pretty good. I'm thinking about starting to put together a system that if nothing else, I'll have something to recharge batteries and radios.
    Thanks for the link.
    "It has been said that preparedness and being prepared promotes fear. This isn't true.......being UNPREPARED is what promotes fear"

Quote Originally Posted by prc-104 View Post
    Question for ya,
    What's your thoughts about the pair of 140 watt cells for $288?
    I've got lots of spare controllers.
    Seems like a darned good deal.
    ???
    /john
    Can you put a link up to the one you are talking about?

I've bought a handful of the small 20 watt panels

http://www.solarblvd.com/Solar-Panel...duct_info.html

They are smaller and not as cost effective per watt. I've used one on my gable vent fan for a couple years now and it works great year round without a hitch. I did figure out you can buy just the solar gable FAN for over $100. less without the 18watt panel that comes with it. This is the standard solar gable vent fan setup you see sold at Northern.

Do the math, you can get a 20 watt panel for $39. and save over $60.

A charger for small batteries- AA, AAA, D, C, 9volt uses the same size panel couple to a cigarette lighter plug type connection to a small plug in charger you can find on ebay for $20 or 30. Wire it yourself and save $80. over what sundance or a similar place sells it for.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

2 X 140 Solar cells

Lowdown3;Can you put a link up to the one you are talking about?

I've bought a handful of the small 20 watt panels

sure, here ya go:

http://www.solarblvd.com/p2711/Two-S...a1a7728f08299d

BTW, they shipped really quick and kept me advised the whole way. Dealing w/ them was pleasant.

http://www.solarblvd.com/Solar-Panel...duct_info.html

Didn't see the two panels deal when I purchased.

One of these was already installed with the Morningstart 12 amp charge controller for $69. and is being used to power two Trojan T105's that run a on demand booster pump to give water pressure to the water coming out of our first solar well.

That well is too far away from our main system to tie into. Had the batteries already so I opted for a small stand alone DC run to power the pump.
    Boris- "He's famous, has picture on three dollar bill!"

Rocky- "Wow! I've never even seen a three dollar bill!"

Boris- "Is it my fault your poor?"

Bump for the residual people that didn't get the word on these.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    LD3, can you post a new link to these? The above link give a 404 code....Thanks
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!