FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    2015 Silver Site supporter Rmplstlskn's Avatar

Unhappy COLD WAR II ~ USA/EU -v- Russia

Seems the Bear is getting more active in the NUCLEAR arena than I would have thought... Seems even more active PUBLICALLY than even during the Cold War I. No dead spy stories yet, but Russia is testing to see if its muscles still work.... And they do!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...05-08-06-40-46

I think I may need to re-inventory my dusty NBC gear and check the seals... Ponder a shelter, as I do not have anything for fallout... :-(

Thought I would start a COLD WAR II thread for other items in this subject as they happen...

Rmpl
    Last edited by Rmplstlskn; 05-08-2014 at 12:29 PM.
    -=> Rmplstlskn <=-

Did Russian Aircraft Knock Out LAX Air Traffic Computer Last Week?

http://www.westernjournalism.com/rus...as-west-coast/
    -=> Rmplstlskn <=-

Russia & China Joint Military Exercise in May 2014
    http://thediplomat.com/2014/05/china...ast-china-sea/

Two countries that I would consider a FIRST STRIKE offender...

Last edited by Rmplstlskn; 05-08-2014 at 12:38 PM.
    -=> Rmplstlskn <=-

Veteran of Valor and all around awesome guy!
    Putin knows he can bring this country down non-militarily. He has been working behind the scenes for a number of years now with other oil exporting nations to end the business of using American dollars in the oil trade.
    Without that the value of the US dollar plummets.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars, Vietnam Veterans of America, American Legion, AMVETS, Society of the Fifth Infantry Division

When you consider how much closer we probably have been to nukes being used in anger than we probably have been in 30 years, it's really depressing to me to see some many "preppers" totally disregard NBC preps.

Just like a week after 9/11, they will wait till a city goes up in a mushroom and then start trying to get masks, suits, filters, etc. When that happens and everything sells out in minutes, then they will cry about that and complain that business are gouging, etc.

The REALITY of the situation is that the preparedness industry is relatively small. No one wants to keep tens of thousands of dollars of merchandise that isn't moving. And the SECOND a problem pops up in the news, the importers raise prices exponentially. Then the companies get stuck raising prices but people cry that the prices are higher.

The problem is/will be that people waited too long. When/if you wait too long on something, all the "deals" are gone and you have to do what you have to do, which sometimes includes paying more.

All could be avoided if people were just taking their preps seriously...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

if a city goes mushroom...
    an individual or business has every right to charge whatever they want to...
    Chevrolet, walmart, BP oil, sears, starbucks all do that every day...

and I choose when to spend and how much.

I bought silver coins when silver was 5-8% more than what it is today. shoot I haven't checked in a few days... it may be 10% less.
    anyhow, my goof.
    if I wait and don't get any chickens, I realize I may have to pay 1 eagle for a dozen eggs.
    but If I have chickens, and somebody wants a dozen of my eggs, I'm going to be asking big trade! real big! and not be ashamed.

now that I got that rant off my chest...

I'm trying to remember what all we needed or wanted in the 50 and 60's as we were afraid of nukes...
    and what was in short supply during ww2?
    I better make trip to see my mom...

Blog Entries
    Nukes....duh....that's soooooo, 1983.....
    Its all about bug out trucks ..and cool gear from china
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Yes, it is so "yesteryear..."

If I had the dough$$$, there is a somewhat run-down, privately-owned CAVERN with a 70's era RV park a bit southwest of me that I would love to buy, and convert it into a RV-based survivalist community. Build buildings as needed and develop the cavern for life-sustainability... Build a nice rifle range towards the mountain. Nicely in the rurals of Virginia, yet not too far from a city to have some "society fun" when the desire arises...

Alas, those with the $$$ are not survivalists.... LOL!
    -=> Rmplstlskn <=-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ming-ever.html

Mother Russia showing off her military power for Victory Day over the Germans...
    -=> Rmplstlskn <=-