FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Mini BNVD DKX M7 Level III HALO Medical Supplies

CONTACT! 2nd edition

Just finished this a couple weeks back. Greatly expanded from the original with some very pertinent stuff added in.

There are a lot of patrolling type and tactics type books out there- NONE of them have considered nor adapted tactics towards survival groups.

Max has done just that in this 2nd edition.

It's not your classic "platoon tactics" type manual that many have a hard time adapting to true small unit work.

I wished this book would have been available in 1987. We were pouring over military manuals then and trying desperately to adapt them to small groups.

This book would have taken some time off the learning curve then. It WILL take a lot of time off your learning curve now, I promise you.

I had the good fortune "back in the day" of finding a good mentor that had truly been there and done that on a small unit level. True small unit as in 4-6 man groups, not even squad size. For five years I was able to learn regularly the sorts of things in this book.

We are all not blessed with having a mentor like that.

That being said, I learned a lot from this book and it also brought a lot of things to rememberance.

At 585 pages it truly is greatly expanded from the first edition.

I rarely say a book or DVD is "highly recommended" but this one DEFINITELY IS.

Use the link in the ad bar on the right hand side to purchase the book.
    Boris- "He's famous, has picture on three dollar bill!"

Rocky- "Wow! I've never even seen a three dollar bill!"

Boris- "Is it my fault your poor?"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Admin View Post
    Just finished this a couple weeks back. Greatly expanded from the original with some very pertinent stuff added in.

There are a lot of patrolling type and tactics type books out there- NONE of them have considered nor adapted tactics towards survival groups.

Max has done just that in this 2nd edition.

It's not your classic "platoon tactics" type manual that many have a hard time adapting to true small unit work.

I wished this book would have been available in 1987. We were pouring over military manuals then and trying desperately to adapt them to small groups.

This book would have taken some time off the learning curve then. It WILL take a lot of time off your learning curve now, I promise you.

I had the good fortune "back in the day" of finding a good mentor that had truly been there and done that on a small unit level. True small unit as in 4-6 man groups, not even squad size. For five years I was able to learn regularly the sorts of things in this book.

We are all not blessed with having a mentor like that.

That being said, I learned a lot from this book and it also brought a lot of things to rememberance.

At 585 pages it truly is greatly expanded from the first edition.

I rarely say a book or DVD is "highly recommended" but this one DEFINITELY IS.

Use the link in the ad bar on the right hand side to purchase the book.

Thanks for the review...now I have to add another book to my growing list.
    "It's a trap!!!!" -- Admiral Ackbar

2015 Silver Site supporter Rmplstlskn's Avatar
    Look's good... KISS (Keep It Small [group tactics], Stupid)

Hope to learn more than a thing or two... LOL!

Oh wait! I forgot... I am an ARMY of ONE!
    -=> Rmplstlskn <=-

I am an ARMY of ONE!
    That reminds me, he actually has a section on lone wolf type operations that I thought was pretty good!

Lots of vehicle mounted techniques that would be great for bug out and various other times you need to move around in vehicles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

I need to do a amazon order and guess now is the time to add the 2nd edition. Also looking at a couple books by John Poole..ie phantom soldier, tigers way

Blog Entries
    My copy showed up yesterday. Lot bigger than I thought gonna be hard to fit in. My Ruck LOL.
    I just sample read some of the sections. So far pretty good. Read the "lone wolf " post and a few other blog entries. Makes you think. Plus there is some humor in it (the RTR section) .
    First impressions is that it is to the extreme on some things for a book "aimed " at """preppers """"......but it doesn't fall short on info nor explaining concepts. Which is good. Lots of info and views based in reality ...no BS sugar coating.

Ill post more when I finish reading but right now it gets 4 outta five.
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

2015 Silver Site supporter Rmplstlskn's Avatar
    This is why I now have redundant ereaders... My Kobo Aura holds a charge for weeks with nightly use with glo screen. One in a faraday cage ammo can. Contact! is on all of them.
    -=> Rmplstlskn <=-

Blog Entries
    I've been reading through this book more. If you don't have it buy it. One of the better "how to " ones IMHO. MV does a good job keeping the information he has geared towards shtf. Not just "this is a L shaped ambush see 1a for example..." style of writing. Tons of insight that honestly is missing from other "survival " books out there (whom seem to dwell on list and examples that prop up thier personal opinions) .you wont find your typical five hundred item list..you will find basic list for you the reader to have a starting point to evolve from...be it tactical gear or your preps.
    Again if ya don't have it buy it.
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!