FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

fujel storage and fuel prices

a while back we decided to add fuel to our storage items.
    so we obtained additional containers...
    great idea... I thought!

the downside is sometimes the s doesn't hit the fan!
    and I'm still burning 3.69 cost fuel while everyone else is buying gas and diesel for much much less.

so, may I humbly suggest that this may be a great time to add to your fuel storage
    the price is sure good...
    we're discussing the reduced price of silver in another thread...

but if I only had $XXXX. and wanted to "invest" buying fuel would take a higher priority than silver to me.

just my humble opinion. the good news is, now that I've written this down, you guys, in the future, can look back judge, and laugh
    roflmao at ole rr cause you all waited till fuel went back to $1.00 a gallon before you obtained and filled your containers.
    Last edited by rockriver; 12-17-2014 at 11:07 AM. Reason: tried to correct fujel... too late!

well rock all I can say is that I was buying silver when it was 35$ an ounce but I have more silver than people who refuse to buy until it hits 15$

I'm stockpiling various fuels, and gasoline is one on the list. Since it has a limited shelf life compared to some of the others, I will rotate through it a little sooner than the others.
    Although the prices have gone down considerably since this time last year, or even last month, I consider this point moot since it is a perishable commodity.
    We pay what we must, and use what we have.

All fuels should be considered as part of your preparedness and survival plan. I store gasoline, kerosene, propane, lighter fluid, rubbing alcohol, denatured alcohol, drinking spirits, lamp oil, and olive oil.
    I'm pretty sure that covers me for a number of situations where i need different fuels, and I try to keep a good supply of each for when we may need it. I'm even hoping to start some small scale home production of alcohol and even methane using a distiller, and a homemade bio-digester. Both of which can be used to run converted, small, gasoline engine equipment at some point. I've got the plans for doing both, and so it will just be a matter of gathering the equipment and supplies and then building them.

I'd like to be able to store large amounts of gasoline when the price is down like it is right now, but that is a bit beyond what I can consider reasonable. However, a full tank's worth for each of our vehicles in five gallon cans is much easier to do, and easier to transport in case we have to leave in a hurry.

One step at a time is how the journey unfolds.
    "It has been said that preparedness and being prepared promotes fear. This isn't true.......being UNPREPARED is what promotes fear"

well said dim tim,

I was at a chain saw store and noticed they were selling fuel for their products... price was high
    about 8,00 for a container... I don't recall size... maybe half a gallon? it was treated..
    I think the label said ... "will remain usable for 1 year after seal is broken"

if that is a true sentence, it would be worth putting back a few of those cans, if someone actually had a chain saw!

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    well said dim tim,

I was at a chain saw store and noticed they were selling fuel for their products... price was high
    about 8,00 for a container... I don't recall size... maybe half a gallon? it was treated..
    I think the label said ... "will remain usable for 1 year after seal is broken"

if that is a true sentence, it would be worth putting back a few of those cans, if someone actually had a chain saw!
    But how long will it stay usable when seal is not broken? A year, 18mths, 5 years? That would be good to know as that $8 may be worth the price if it can stay good for a long, long time with an unbroken seal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

patriotic,
    great questions.. I went to stihl's website and got this:

Eliminate the hassle of mixing your own oil and fuel with STIHL MotoMix

Blog Entries
    Interesting....

Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

I saw regular at sam's yesterday for 2.00/gallon!!

a fellow could buy a 500 gallon tank and fill it for less than the cost of fuel alone just a few months ago!

I wonder if the rear porch of my condo would hold the tank?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    I saw regular at sam's yesterday for 2.00/gallon!!

a fellow could buy a 500 gallon tank and fill it for less than the cost of fuel alone just a few months ago!

I wonder if the rear porch of my condo would hold the tank?
    Of course it can, especially since you're on the third floor. The weight of the tank and the fuel should be good to go with that four inches of concrete porch you have. The HOA prob has some stupid rule that says you can't, but just paint the tank white and put the word MILK on it. Of course you will have to fill it at night when everybody is sleeping.

NO 10-289!

gawlee!
    this is one reason I love this site!

camo...
    I didn't think of it! and I could put a picture of one of those chick fil a cows on there! inspiration!!