FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies

Thread: Time the TQ

Time the TQ

Time it.

Have someone else time it I mean.

Retrieve it from your gear, apply it CORRECTLY high and tight on arm, then try on leg.

Is it on correctly? Your not playing the "oh that hurts a little so I'll just put it on half arse in training" deal are you? Bad habit to get into.

With CATs- big hard pull to take up slack - a "good bite"- and you should only need a turn or two to REALLY chinch it down.

SOFT-TWs- they don't seem to get that "good bite" with the first hard pull, I think the Velcro on the CAT actually helps a good.

Do this UNDER STRESS- I mean the idea is that you just got shot right?

The times can be revealing....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Go for a sprint...put it on
    Lay down prone...put it on (do it behind a cover of some sort and stay low)
    Lay supine....put it on
    Pitch black outside....go do it
    Raining....yup, put it on
    Use non dominate hand and put it on
    Leaning with back against a tree for cover....put it on

Of course this is done with your gear on.

Oh, almost forgot....there is no rule that says you can only be shot once before reaching cover.....so,
    Left arm, right leg....both legs....right arm, left leg....you get the picture.

Placing a TQ while sitting in a recliner is easy. Doing it when you're huffing and puffing is a different thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Exactly

Or with someone firing over your head with an AK. It tends to become a little more "real" training then.
    Boris- "He's famous, has picture on three dollar bill!"

Rocky- "Wow! I've never even seen a three dollar bill!"

Boris- "Is it my fault your poor?"

Blog Entries
    I remember long ago putting one on nervous as get out because this Guy was yelling at me..throwing dead chickens and bumper from a 1991 Yugo.at me ..and then a crowbar yelling zombies... while expecting me to make 700 yard shots off hand iron sights on thru smoke... while calling in CAS at the same time....

Yeah I'm being smart.
    But understress and on the fly is key.

Also more than one. Back then...I only carried one CAT...now I carry three.

Good reminder guys.
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Gold Site supporter 2014- thank you!
    And the time is important. You get a femoral artery and you won't last long.

Yeah I think I need to get a bunch of black pillow cases for this and malfunction drills

The warm water down the back was the funniest one IMO. Nothing like in a fighting position, having to apply a TQ on a "wound" while being pelted with empty brass, screaming and then some numbnuts pours warm water down your backside.

Re-setting the TQ to the correct position and stowing it correctly helps like hades also. I've watched some jacked up TQ's put half arse back in carriers, then they either drop out on the ground when people are crawling/shrimping/sliding to cover or they didn't reset them right and it's like watching a cat play with a ball of yarn!!!

Good times! Work this stuff now, fun but learning.

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Admin View Post
    Yeah I think I need to get a bunch of black pillow cases for this and malfunction drills

The warm water down the back was the funniest one IMO. Nothing like in a fighting position, having to apply a TQ on a "wound" while being pelted with empty brass, screaming and then some numbnuts pours warm water down your backside.

Re-setting the TQ to the correct position and stowing it correctly helps like hades also. I've watched some jacked up TQ's put half arse back in carriers, then they either drop out on the ground when people are crawling/shrimping/sliding to cover or they didn't reset them right and it's like watching a cat play with a ball of yarn!!!

Good times! Work this stuff now, fun but learning.
    Or what about the ones that are stowed in the IFAK on the back of the battle belt, while still in the wrapper? They don't want to get it dirty.
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Seasoned
    I really hate when I keep getting called out on stuff like this. Never timed myself and never under duress... not quite in the lazy boy recliner ,but close. At least I took it out of the packaging and "tried it on" (shrug). My best friend carries a total of 4 on him while contracting. I thought two was good then he says... You have 4 limbs numbnuts, and murphy is alive and well.
    He also told me to pre size them when you wrap back up to slide over limb quicker... dont want to waste time opening or closing to size. he also didnt recomend rubberbanding but to use a pouch,etc.

Blog Entries
    Mine are all (last i checked )sized to go on every limb..for a high thigh set id have to adjust some.

Everyone does cold water.....tip of the spear bro.. lol
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

A place called Eleven Ten gear makes a nice kydex "holster" for TQ's.

It's a PITA to get them BACK in there after using them, but they hold them nicely.