FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Patrol load out

I'm a big fan of frs/gmrs radios.

Blog Entries
    Thanks hawk. Ive got frs/grms and 2m.
    Only thing i dislike about my frs hts is lack of functions (older ones but decent). And they are not suited pazt 1-2 miles at best depending on cover.but are cheap person to person comm.
    I geuss id either set guys up with two meters or frs with a single (or two )ham ht to be able to hit say your retreat or relay to others.
    Thanks for the input. I did this thread to get folks to add..subtract or ask...advise . Most of your stufc is in vid format..but if you got something to add toss it in the mix.
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Blog Entries
    Ok guys. More brain candy.

How big do you want your patrol team...what's your main goal ?
    Camo considerations?
    Dealing with non threats? Aka the neighbors four lots down ?
    Dealing with roads...houses...farms. aka non rural areas.

2015 Silver Site supporter Rmplstlskn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by protus View Post
    Ok guys. More brain candy.

How big do you want your patrol team...what's your main goal ?
    Camo considerations?
    Dealing with non threats? Aka the neighbors four lots down ?
    Dealing with roads...houses...farms. aka non rural areas.
    Reality is often different than hopes and wishes... Anywhere a likely intrusion or danger will come from is private property, I or a team cannot patrol there without inviting the land owners wrath, or bullets.

If I am protecting homestead, night vision or IR more important than camo. No team, so no need to match...

My neighbors concern me more than transients. Some I know are self-centered, liberal cesspool'ers, and would be a danger. None of my neighbors properties ~look~ prepared. Neighbors I know, I know they too are not prepared. They never really take the discussion bait when I go fishing to see if it is in their minds and start a conversation on it.

Roads? I would not have the right to hinder or block off my section, without starting a war with neighbors.

Maybe the surrounding neighbors might come together for common defense and security in dangerous times, but not going down that fantasy. Instead, planning on hostile neighbors, and then pleasantly surprised if not the case.

That is my reality. So be it...

Rmpl
    -=> Rmplstlskn <=-

Blog Entries
    I've contemplated that issue as well. Especially how to get to areas with out trespassing.
    My own area wouldn't be much of a walk. More of static LPs.
    But if it's that's bad..to wear I need to kit up..stealth and or a little communication with neighbors should work.
    Not very many liberals...nor tons of prepared types. But "country " types who are a little more outdoorsy than most.
    Lots of gardens..chickens....and guns.
    That last is my main concern.

That and the issue of barking stray dogs....../pets.

You all should check out Max Velocity's guest post over at Survivalblog on gear to support the basic rifleman. Quite enlightening. Gave me a lot to think about as I gear up myself and my family, and our group.
    "It has been said that preparedness and being prepared promotes fear. This isn't true.......being UNPREPARED is what promotes fear"

Blog Entries
    I've read a bunch of MVT blogs and own his books. All good reads and insightful.

Max knows his stuff. He's also got the insight of training thousands of like minded folks now and I'm sure long ago realized most people were carrying too much gear.

It's always interesting to see what people carry at this classes.
    Boris- "He's famous, has picture on three dollar bill!"

Rocky- "Wow! I've never even seen a three dollar bill!"

Boris- "Is it my fault your poor?"

Blog Entries
    Once folks start doing things,they figure out what to trim off.
    If I weighed my first load out to now, it's probably half .
    Other times you need certain gear and you can't dodge the weight/bulk items.

I need to get a new means to host pictures and toss up a bunch.

Off to dig out a 38lb LBV.....

IMHO, people aren't realistic in their abilities. I just turned 59 and can no longer carry all the weight and run like I used to. I CAN carry the items I NEED and walk the legs off a caterpillar. I can still do a bunch of things but I highly doubt I'll ever need to go on any raids again so I don't set my gear up like a chairborne commando.
    Be realistic in what you're going to be doing, try out your gear outside your living room and go from there.

Bob