FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies

Weapon with the most mileage?

We all have a favorite.

What weapon have you put the most rounds down range with? What kind of mileage do you have on it?

Why do you like shooting it more than the others?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Seasoned
    Ruger 10/22 thousands upon thousands of rounds downrange. Loves to eat bulk packs. Because, its just plain fun to shoot. I have introduced so many people to shooting on it... and his brother, plus little cousin 22/45.

Several thousand through my Ruger 10/22 and probably 1,500 through my Mosin. The corrosive kind mind you and over 1,000 with my Glock 21. Bone stock. No failures. Now my M249 from service. That's a whole other ballgame!

Veteran of Valor and all around awesome guy!
    A Colt 70 Series Government Model MkIV. I've had it 40 years, don't know how many rounds, I'm not one that keeps a detailed notebook on each firearm.
    My oldest is a 1917 Mauser GEW 98 that probably served in WWI, was rebarrelled to K98k specs in the 30's when the Third Reich was increasing the Army faster than they could build rifles. She's sweet, action is slick (it IS a Mauser after all), and some GI who brought it back from WWII sporterized the stock. I put a 20 round box thru it every range trip.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars, Vietnam Veterans of America, American Legion, AMVETS, Society of the Fifth Infantry Division

As for rounds down range - it would be my favorite AK (chinese mak-90 with GordonTech G2 FCG and K-Var nato length OD furniture). I have many thousands of rounds through that particular one. I have other AK's, but for some reason I enjoy that one the most. Now I'm starting to slowly get close to that AK in regards to round count with a .22 conversion on an AR (I now have a dedicated .22 upper for one of my AR's and I need to put it through its paces, before I decide what to do with the ciener conversion I've been using for years ). For handguns, for centerfire rounds down range it would be a tie between one of my makarov's and one of my hi-powers. For rimfire - I have over 5k rounds through my trusty walther P22.

I like shooting all of the guns I own, but some seem to make it out of the safe more than others.

Blog Entries
    Hard to say.
    Marlin model 60.
    Of course i have it since the 90s...when bricks of 22 were 6-7$..for 550...
    And like someelse here i tried to break it...it finally turn single shot after 2k and wd40 lube lol . Then i shot it for several more years until of late as my range days arent for plinking anymore. That mdl 60 went with me every time i hit the woods....
    Plus it was my first gun show gun...when gun shows still had mak 90s for 199$ and norinco sks for 89$.... ahhhh the good days lol
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Seasoned
    I bought a crate of those chinese SKS in the early 90s. Think it came to $77.00 each. Only have one left now. Paid for the crate several times over with the sales. I even sold the crate to someone who offed me $40.00 for it. Still have nightmares of all that cosmoline though. Wish I would have bought a couple of the Russian SKS when they were cheap and plentiful. Oh well My SKS has a metric $hit ton of rounds through her as well, cant guess the round count though.

Glock 20. Got it about the 3rd day they came out. I was already shooting/reloading 10mm for about 10 years then. Shot IDPA with it for the last 20 years. Just bought a Glock 40 last month. 20 is hanging forlornly on the safe door, pouting. It has a bit over 60,000 rounds thru it. It has also taken 3 deer with it's 6" barrel installed.

I suspect my Nylon 66 has as many rounds, but don't know for sure because I never tracked it. Only track the center fires..

2015 Silver Site supporter Rmplstlskn's Avatar
    With the most mileage? Easily the Ruger 10/22 I bought as a teenager. Have no clue how many rounds over the decades. But this is not the one I enjoy the most... It is the most affordable.

My favorite? My "built by me" AR15 carbine, of course. (a couple thousand rounds on the present barrel) Because it is just plain fun! It is accurate, has never failed me, and has great ergonomics.

Most in possession: Springfield Armory XD9 (only in the several hundreds of rounds)

Rmpl
    Last edited by Rmplstlskn; 03-16-2016 at 09:40 AM.
    -=> Rmplstlskn <=-

My high mileage Roscoe; I have a Mk IV series 70 Gold Cup. Still accurate after hundreds of 230 grain hardball. I had to replace the sight pin after several years of IPSC shooting, it stretched out and was hanging out each side of the adjustable sights (didn't break). The barrel link and pin were worn out and replaced during inspection. The barrel is still good, all other parts good. Ruger Security Six, with Colt barrel (Davis Custom). 1000rds. + down the pipe with no problems and as accurate as the day it came out of the box. Rifle, SKS-D. Unknown round count of crappy Chinese surplus corrosive ammo. Never had a misfire, or failure to feed. I do give it a soap and water bath each time it goes to the range. Not as accurate as my friends' AR15s, but always dependable.