FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies

Thread: Bulk tape

Bulk tape

Most of the medical tape I've bought has been crappola.

Before I try to buy a large amount of tape, need a recommendation of some 1 inch medical tape that will hold up well both in use and in STORAGE for years.

Been getting bulk 4x4s off Ebay fairly reasonably. Hoping to do the same with the tape once I decide on a quality one to stock.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tape is hard to store, even when stored in a non-A/C closet. Now it doesn't get real warm, but maybe in the 80s in this closet during the summer months here in the Deep South, but or office has had some rolls go bad. Not sure why, but the adhesive gets real gooey and makes it hard for the nurses to unroll.

We still store some tape, but just try and store enough for a couple months before reorder. We also have gone to more Coban which sticks without adhesive to itself. Veterinarians use something very similar called vet wrap. You can find this on eBay usually in expensively. Won't replace the tape, but may find you don't need as much tape. Heck, in a PAW world, duct tape could work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

2013 Site Supporter jimmycthemd's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A few weeks ago, my son got a pretty good sized 2nd degree burn on the back of his hand (deep fryer...he works in a restaurant) and I tried to tape it up with medical tape. Gave up. Used Corban and it worked GREAT!. Put on some burn pads and then gauze and wrapped in Corban and it stayed put even while he was at work. Won't work in all cases but I've started setting a bunch of that back for LTS.
    "Common sense might be common but it is by no means wide spread." Mark Twain

I buy Coban at Tractor Supply, it's cheaper than drugstores and you can get it in many colors. It's used for wrapping horses legs.

Got some of the Coban a while back, that stuff is great.

Was more talking along the lines or ordinary usage- taping 4x4s down, buddy taping fingers and toes. Doing combative sports, we see a lot of small joint injuries, some bad some not so bad. I think in a true smash up PAW situation you would see more of the "little" stuff like that also.

Day to day type wound management, changing dressings, etc.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There is a gymnastics/athletic tape that has survived a summer in the car once. Found it after my daughters gym season and it was still usable. The adhesive was maybe a little gooey but not bad. Now that was only after staying in the car from April to about October here in the Deep South, so I'm not sure that qualifies as "long term" though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

2015 Silver Site supporter Rmplstlskn's Avatar
    Corban (and its many clones, like that sold at Tractor Supply in dark colors and camo), is indeed great stuff for a wrap... But I have learned after my daughter had a nasty spill on her mountain bike (when I heard her scream, I thought I would loop back and see bones pretzeled, but just some bad scraps), that the wrap can irritate skin of some people sensitive to it. So also keep cotton gauze wrap handy for those people. Lay down a layer of gauze and then wrap with Corban.

I have also learned that I need lots more 4x4 ~non-adhesive~ pads... Good ones, that don't stick when they shouldn't, like removing the bandage and have forming scabs rip off with the bandage. I am not impressed with Tefla so far... Looking into other types...

Rmpl
    -=> Rmplstlskn <=-