FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies

DBAL-I2 manual and quick user guide

So I've asked Steiner several times to correct the manual they send with the DBAL-I2 as it covers MULTIPLE models of IR lasers, including military only models. In an effort to help customers, I made up this Quick User Guide for the DBAL-I2 which is included below.

If you can see anything I need to add to this please let me know. If some of this seems "duh!" well let's just say I cover it that way because a customer did actually ask that or think that at some point. It's not that I'm trying to be simplistic, but I need to keep it EASY to follow.

JRH Enterprises

DBAL-I2 USER INSTRUCTIONS-

1. THROW AWAY the manual supplied by Steiner for this product. It will only confuse you and engender questions. Their manual is designed to be used for MANY DIFFERENT MODELS. I have asked them NUMEROUS TIMES to correct the many things in the manual and it's never happened.

2. In PRACTICAL USE their is only a few things you need to know to operate the DBAL-I2 Infrared and visible laser device-

* Put a CR123 battery in the battery compartment. There is a little diagram on the unit showing how it should go in.

* The DBAL-I2 is basically TWO separate lasers- the daylight (visible green) laser and the Infrared laser which is INVISIBLE TO THE NAKED EYE! You will need to use your NV device to see the IR laser! Each laser has to be zeroed separately.

*There is a little protective cap on EACH laser output, these have to be removed (flipped over) when in use- YOU WILL NOT SEE THE LASER IF THE CAPS ARE ON!

* Install the pressure pad switch and LEAVE IT INSTALLED. That way you don't forget to put it on when you need it, also it protects the unit from getting water, debris in the hole.

* If you have an already zeroed scope on your rifle currently, the easiest way to zero the IR laser is to sandbag the rifle in place so it does not move, turn on and LOCK ON the IR laser(double tap the pad for always on mode), stand or sit behind the rifle with your PVS14 or other night vision device on and without moving the rifle excessively, use the adjustment dials on the DBAL to move the laser point to match up with the aiming point on your ALREADY ZEROED rifle scope. This typically gets you "on paper" at the range and usually just a few minor adjustments are necessary to fully zero the unit.

* The DBAL mounts on your RAIL via the solid locking lever and can be mounted on TOP or on the SIDE of the rifle. Keep in mind if you mount in on the SIDE the adjustments for zero will be opposite because you change the orientation of the unit.

If you have any further questions about the USE of the product, please feel free to contact us. We know of all the errors in the Steiner supplied manual you do not have to point them out to us, we have already pointed them out to the manufacturer numerous times. Everything you really need to know to operate the unit I have taken the time to outline for you above. The factory supplied manual does provide good service for fire starting however. JRH

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    So I've asked Steiner several times to correct the manual they send with the DBAL-I2 as it covers MULTIPLE models of IR lasers, including military only models. In an effort to help customers, I made up this Quick User Guide for the DBAL-I2 which is included below.

If you can see anything I need to add to this please let me know. If some of this seems "duh!" well let's just say I cover it that way because a customer did actually ask that or think that at some point. It's not that I'm trying to be simplistic, but I need to keep it EASY to follow.

JRH Enterprises

DBAL-I2 USER INSTRUCTIONS-

1. THROW AWAY the manual supplied by Steiner for this product. It will only confuse you and engender questions. Their manual is designed to be used for MANY DIFFERENT MODELS. I have asked them NUMEROUS TIMES to correct the many things in the manual and it's never happened.

2. In PRACTICAL USE their is (there are) only a few things you need to know to operate the DBAL-I2 Infrared and visible laser device-

* Put a CR123 battery in the battery compartment. There is a little diagram on the unit showing how it should go in.

* The DBAL-I2 is basically TWO separate lasers- the daylight (visible green) laser and the Infrared laser which is INVISIBLE TO THE NAKED EYE! You will need to use your NV device to see the IR laser! Each laser has to be zeroed separately.

*There is a little protective cap on EACH laser output, these have to be removed (flipped over) (flipped to the side of where the laser beam exits) when in use- YOU WILL NOT SEE THE LASER IF THE CAPS ARE ON!

* Install the pressure pad switch and LEAVE IT INSTALLED. That way you don't forget to put it on when you need it, also it protects the unit from getting water, debris in the hole.

* If you have an already zeroed scope on your rifle currently, the easiest way to zero the IR laser is to sandbag the rifle in place so it does not move, turn on and LOCK ON the IR laser(double tap the pad for always on mode), stand or sit behind the rifle with your PVS14 or other night vision device on and without moving the rifle excessively, use the adjustment dials on the DBAL to move the laser point to match up with the aiming point on your ALREADY ZEROED rifle scope. This typically gets you "on paper" at the range and usually just a few minor adjustments are necessary to fully zero the unit.

* The DBAL mounts on your RAIL via the solid locking lever and can be mounted on TOP or on the SIDE of the rifle. Keep in mind if you mount in on the SIDE the adjustments for zero will be opposite because you change the orientation of the unit.

If you have any further questions about the USE of the product, please feel free to contact us. We know of all the errors in the Steiner supplied manual you do not have to point them out to us, we have already pointed them out to the manufacturer numerous times. Everything you really need to know to operate the unit I have taken the time to outline for you above. The factory supplied manual does provide good service for fire starting however. JRH
    Mine are in red. I am not an english major, but think it should be there not their. Just pointing that out due to your last paragraph.

On my second suggestion, well it looks like you are making it idiot proof so, I just did not want you to get phone calls of " yeah, hey... I flipped my laser cap over and the freanking little rubber holders broke. I'm not sure it would still make my IR laser work because when I held the flipped over cap onto the laser opening I still could not see anything. I think you sent me a defective unit."

just some minor points, but otherwise pretty much fool, er...idiot proof.
    Last edited by Patriotic Sheepdog; 01-17-2016 at 02:52 PM.
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!