FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies

What mag carrier???

What works best with plate carriers for AK mags? I am leaning towards the Beez shingles, but I haven't pulled the string yet. I like the slim profile that the 3 mag shingle offers, and am resigned to carrying extras on a belt or strapped to a patrol pack...

What do y'all think???

Regards,
    Templar
    Salutations,
    Templar

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________

There are very good reasons why we all are gathered here...

Blog Entries
    Well.
    Is the plate carrier slick ..I assume not.
    Uw makes single and doubles..I run a minuteman ..with two rows and four mags.
    But. That's a rig. His other stuff is add on.

Then you got hsgi stuff tacos ..umps ..the TTs offerings..Haley strategic..
    Etc etc etc..your a gear wennie so you know it's good kit.

I only run four on the chest and two on the belt in an Ump ..rest go in the pack.

On a budget minded note. Condor has that 2-4 cell kangaroo pouch. Buddy has those.not to bad. Theyll hold one AK and one pistol/TQ/light etc he runs two. On a split front rig for 4 mags total on the chest.since they hold one mag they are super slim.I'm sure there is higher quality versions out there by those already named.

Sorry I'm not much help past that brother. I've been dropping money into homestead stuff vs gear the last two years..so I'm out of the look on the latest greatest kit.

Just don't by kifaru.... lol
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

We've been running their chest rigs for the AK over top of a Banshee plate carrier, so the mag pouches aren't attached to the carrier.

Recently got the newer version of their chest rig with the 6 mag pouches and the clips in the front bra style connection. I don't think the mag compartments are as deep as on the 5 cell AK chest rig they make. Will report back in six months when it's been used a little more, but first couple times use the impression was good. And it's room for another mag.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

The US Palm double pouches are ok also, had a few of them for a couple years.

Some people poo poo the bungee cord deal, but it's an AK, I've never had a problem with that. Now if you did something stupid like put your mags in bullet points UP then yes dirt getting lodged in the mag might be an issue.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Thanks guys, I will get a BEEZ and an OSOE and see how they compare...

Templar
    Salutations,
    Templar

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________

Blog Entries
    Osoe is good kit from what I've got and played with.
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

I got the Beez, and it is OK. Still holding my breath on OSOE, but that is normal, as they are pretty busy, and I don't deploy anymore. I'm going to get one from Infidel as a contraster. They will go on a Bellator and a Viper. More feedback as I play and test them...
    Salutations,
    Templar

At the time all I had or they ARMY had was 20 rounders so I used to use the bandoler from the stripper clip ammo. worked, but I wish we would have had this new stuff.