FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Also.
    Water proofing won't reflect IR iirc.least not on the stuff I've used
    Remember that night camo tarp I made you looked at it with the pvs5/14 years back. No reflection.
    Now. Some nylons will so it'd be best to check prior to building it.
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

ponchocamo.jpg

So far this is what I got going.

Used jute twine and a huge needle to attach the netting to the Snugpak poncho liner. The jute will also be handy for attaching other pieces of netting and/or burlap, etc.

I will paint it all probably next and seal all the holes where I went through the poncho liner with the needle to possibly stop any heat spots there.

If for nothing else it will make a decent ghillie cover if the thermal protection properties don't hold up well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

As I recall, one does not want to remove all heat as this will show you as a colder blob. But what do I know. When they first came out with all this Flir stuff there was a list from DARPA that listed all the heat signatures of items like glass, elec tape , mylar etc. and how to mix it up for camo. Now they claim to have a treatment for ACUs that helps defeat heat signatures. (INTENT) Mix up the signal to be less obvious. Hope this helps. If I can find the list again I will post it.

Nemesis turkey suit by Gore tex and Raven Aerostar another co. Listed in national defense magazine, allows the heat and cold spots to look like leaves and background. 2900 bucks a pop at the moment. Consists of pants,shirt, hat, face mask.

http://infidelbodyarmor.com/land-sha...nd-shark-p-234

Next time we get together we can test one...

Regards,
    Templar
    Salutations,
    Templar

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________

There are very good reasons why we all are gathered here...