DBAL-I2 IR Laser with IR Illuminator

Trijicon Miniature Rifle Optic (MRO
FLIR Scout TK
Mt. House Freeze Dried 1-Month Starter Unit

Bed liner material on exterior?

I've seen this a time or two and it looks nice used as a covering to the paint on a vehicle.

I'm considering doing that on a vehicle we have. Supposedly the metal will never rust then and the color is flat. Doesn't show scratches and smooths out some smaller dings in body.

Any disadvantages to doing this?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

I have seen bed liner sprayed on a Dodge Ram before...not pretty, but scratch proof. Another product, Plasticoat seems to look better and do the same job. At first, the ricer crowd was spraying their wheels and if they didn't like it, or wanted another color, you peel it off and do it again. Now, the same crowd is doing the entire car/truck with it. One of my coworkers has a Wrangler that he was picking up rock damage to his grill and sprayed his. Good results. When the coating started gettin rock damage, he just peeled it off and started over. It doesn't peel as easy as advertised, but it does work. Google plasticoat cars and look at the images. Not as shiny as paint, but it is smooth unlike bed liner. BTW, no special prep.

Seasoned
    Several of the SEMA/Show jeeps and Manufacturers (think Day star,Rancho, Warn, etc do this to their vehicles. Jeep Beach 2016 Bruiser Conversions had one of their "Pick up" JK wrangler conversions there. It was totally bedlined in OD green. I asked the rep there how it holds up etc. Said great for trails etc. you dont get scratch marks from the branches n scrub like paint (called pinstriping in the jeep community) but said they clear coated over this one to keep fading down. learned his lesson the expensive way on that one and was not sure if it was due to improper prep work or due to bedliner being pourus there was major rusting under that vehicles bed lining. they did use a flat clear coat on the 2016 vehicle. Just some cautions for you.

This isnt the bruiser one but a wrap with a clear coat bedliner over the wrap for another option.
    IMG_1079 (1).jpg

2015 Silver Site supporter Rmplstlskn's Avatar
    Rust usually comes from the backside out...

I think if it can be done affordably, on a vehicle you want that look on, why the heck not... I have it in my truck bed and it is awesome stuff!!!!

Rmpl
    -=> Rmplstlskn <=-

Blog Entries
    All the rednecks down here do it.....
    But if done say on lower rockers or fenders shouldn't be to bad.
    Hey Petunia...you dropped your man pad!

Well it's a truck I've had for about 13 years now. It hasn't left the property much in the last few years. We've taken good care of it mechanically. It's easy to work on for the most part and is one of the rice burning reliable engines. It's currently got 240'ish on the odometer. From all I've seen so far I'd say it's realistic that it would easily make it to 300K or more. If a Dodge product I owned did, this definitely should.

After we up armor it, it will be one of our "technicals" in the PAW LOL.

Hey, they work for that in Afghanistan.... LOL

Blog Entries
    True. Figured it was that monster truck you owned lol .

Camo it..put wire over the rear windown..roll bar..gun kount...your good to go lol

IMG_0042.jpg

Since the vehicle rarely ever leaves the property on our little corner of Southern Idaho here, I figured a pic wouldn't hurt.

Came out good, had to drive about an hour to find a place that did that, no one around here seemed to know what I was talking about when I described the stuff.

Blog Entries
    Looks good. Lot of trucks set up like that down here. Grey for sure..