FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irma

storm went over our heads, but you florida folks sufficiently wore it down! thanks.

our internet went down! it would show connected, then die about 30 seconds later...
    just now, I decided to hard wire it... working better but very slow.

a few trees down, but they were in bad shape. I should have cut them down before.
    lots of debris to clean up... no damage. concrete guy just finished slab on friday.. I asked if I should keep it wet. he just smiled and
    said "no." storm will do that! and it did!

sounds like it could have been a whole lot worse!
    Thank You Lord!
    rr

Administrator

No Problem

Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    storm went over our heads, but you florida folks sufficiently wore it down! thanks.

our internet went down! it would show connected, then die about 30 seconds later...
    just now, I decided to hard wire it... working better but very slow.

a few trees down, but they were in bad shape. I should have cut them down before.
    lots of debris to clean up... no damage. concrete guy just finished slab on friday.. I asked if I should keep it wet. he just smiled and
    said "no." storm will do that! and it did!

sounds like it could have been a whole lot worse!
    Thank You Lord!
    rr
    You are quite welcome - we didn't mind 'weathering' the storm for our northern neighbors. We only lost power for about 17 hours, and considering the extent of the power outages in FL (75% or so at one point), that was an almost miraculous recovery. Generator made it more than tolerable since I was able to make/drink a pot of coffee this morning Lots of flooding all around us, but we were high and dry except for a few puddles on top of already saturated ground from the nor'easter that directly preceded Irma. Tomorrow is yard-cleaning day - all the time in the world since I retired on Friday (went out with an unintended bang!). Folks on the other side of the state weren't as lucky; praying for them! Glad everyone came through with lives intact, save one heart attack victim downstate (that we know of right now). Keeping a wary eye on Jose - hoping those less-than-accurate tracks got it right this time. If you're in NE FL and need any help, let me know.

Blog Entries
    We're alive, and I even heard from Spock, he's doing ok, weathered the storm one place, got back to his already.
    Life in Lakeland is interesting, Publix is doing their best to get product out, it's an interesting time to be in the department I'm in. My house has no power, but my in-laws do, so wife and kids are bunking there while I be nite time watchdog.
    ---------------
    HV FN ES 73!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"3. you cannot count on your adversary sucking. to do so invites disaster."
    --Spock
    ---------------

Blog Entries
    My folks near Ft. Myers got power back on today...44 hours. My Dad is going to get some gifts for Christmas that he may not ask for
    "It's a trap!!!!" -- Admiral Ackbar

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 610Alpha View Post
    My folks near Ft. Myers got power back on today...44 hours. My Dad is going to get some gifts for Christmas that he may not ask for
    LOL that's good to hear, we're still out of power. I think we'll be doing something similar. Something small first, then something bigger, with the smaller unit being delegated to my "Emergency communications equipment" ;-)
    ---------------
    HV FN ES 73!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"3. you cannot count on your adversary sucking. to do so invites disaster."
    --Spock
    ---------------

No commercial power here still either- Day 4.

Seriously thinking of working up a system to pump water from the rain collection tanks to the toilets to use for flushing. No such much for immediate use but because it's a PITA to use jugs to fill tanks. Don't have the elevation on the tanks to do it via gravity so may have to use a small 12v pump.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Checking in from Central FL...power out from 1900 sunday and currently not expected on til midnight on Sunday 9/17/17. Have genny purring so have some lights, fans, fridge and freezer going. Need to hook to my well pump, as it was a new genny and didnt have time to do this yet. Have 4-55 gal water barrels and 175gal water storage tank for my well, and my Big Berkey so water is good. Hauling 5 gallon buckets to the house from the barrels suck, but oh well. Had some roof damage with water intrusion to cause some of my ceiling to come down in one part...right on some of my storage bins. Lots of tree branches, and 6 fence sections down. Internet down at house with very spotty cell coverage. On internet at work. But...its only stuff. Im still here to complain.....
    @qrprat77....I was monitoring SARnet the whole time true the storm.
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

Got commercial power back on last night, then after an hour it went off again for about an hour, then came back on.

It's all over but a little more cleanup in these parts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Super Moderator Patriotic Sheepdog's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Big surprise...Power back on for my AO yesterday about noon. Rest of area is spotty, literally from block to block, but FPL and Duke Energy seems to be working hard to restore it. I heard that there are still 2 million hoseholds, in FL, as of this morning without power. Per the local radio this morning, the power companies have brought in about 33,000 additional workers from California to Canada. Like LD3, just some more clean-up, but pretty much back to normal. Lift stations seem to be a big issue here in Central FL from what I'm hearing. Also, officials are waiting for the St. Johns river to peak, as additional flooding will occur.
    Last edited by Patriotic Sheepdog; 09-15-2017 at 10:03 AM.
    Protecting the sheep from the wolves that want them, their family, their money and full control of our Country!

Guns and gear are cool, but bandages stop the bleeding!

ATTENTION: No trees or animals were harmed in any way in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were really ticked off!

NO 10-289!

We were blessed in the mountains, no power outages here. Neighbors lost a few trees, but we were proactive with suspect pines. Just limbs and leaves to clean up.