FLIR Thermosight Pro 536 Current Specials HALO Medical Supplies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    2013 Site Supporter jimmycthemd's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Foster View Post
    Thanks jimmcthemd, good advice. I do this with cars/trucks, but I neglect my other motorized devices. I will have to force myself to take on discipline, and yes, work (that dirty four-letter word). I suppose a good memory keeper will be to fire them up at the change of the seasons, March, June, September, December. If I miss one, I am ok.
    Bill,

Learned from the school of hard knocks. Too many carb rebuilds and fuel system clean-outs to list here. The old ounce of prevention thing. The older I get, the more I try to avoid unnecessary work
    "Common sense might be common but it is by no means wide spread." Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    lol.
    the bride likes to cut a portion of yard right at the house. she has a rear wheel drive that ain't been doin' too good.
    and I keep forgetting to see about it..
    so today, she went to the barn and got one we bought used with the house (5 years ago) added gas and cut. I remember using this mower about 3 years ago around the barn... gas she used was pri g treated... and the gas I would have used 3 years ago was pri-g.
    we have a little boat with a gasoline engine.. somewhere on here I posted that we let it sit for 2-3 years and it cranked on gas in tank.
    (treated with pri-g) boat has now sat again for 2 years. challenges have come our way this summer and no lake trips.. I hope it will crank just as easily next time.

oh yeah. all gas mentioned above has no ethanol!
    rr,

To keep from letting the boat motor sit and decay, wallyworld sells an Attwood Universal Dual Motor Flusher, about $13. The suction cup things slide over the water intake and you hook it up to a garden hose, turn on the water and start the engine. Pumps enough water through to keep it cool around idle/fast idle. I've used them and they work pretty well.
    Last edited by jimmycthemd; 09-24-2017 at 06:18 PM. Reason: more info

LOL!
    hmm.
    md,
    what kinda flote bote have you got?
    I think we need to get up a s and p river trip!
    hooch? or flint? apalach? you noticed that I picked water that might be closer to me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
    LOL!
    hmm.
    md,
    what kinda flote bote have you got?
    I think we need to get up a s and p river trip!
    hooch? or flint? apalach? you noticed that I picked water that might be closer to me!
    I've got a Sea Ray (17.5 ft) (1996). Hasn't been in the water for a while and needs some work (out drive seals, etc.). But a river trip sounds like fun. Maybe some incentive to get back to work on it. Like you, had some distractions the last few years. It was in need of maintenance when I pulled it out of the water and never got back into it.

Total cost estimate, somewhere around $500 for parts.
    Last edited by jimmycthemd; 09-26-2017 at 10:29 AM.