DBAL-I2 IR Laser with IR Illuminator

Trijicon Miniature Rifle Optic (MRO
FLIR Scout TK
Mt. House Freeze Dried 1-Month Starter Unit
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    chapters 2,3, 4 and glad to see there are more!
    rr

I was giving a bit of time to make sure that y'all wanted me to continue and to phrase this in a lighter mood, as well as work on real life.

Chapter 9
    “Well, if everyone is finished let’s put the food in the fridge and then let’s go to the root cellar where I can explain further.”

Penny put the food up, Eric put the trash in the appropriate bins with non-meat scraps in compost bucket, burnables in burn bucket and recyclable in its place while Louise Tipton put the dishes in the sink. “Louise, I’ll wash them later, I hand wash once a day unless a have several items. Let’s head out to the root cellar, I’m like a kid on Christmas morning.”

Louise continued with her explanation, “The root cellar gives some climate control and the hidden room makes a good panic room, secure site and weather safety room if something happens to the house. The weapons and ammo is secure and documentation of plans, knowledge and equipment for communications is protected from prying eyes. ‘Gubiment’ can’t take what they don’t know about and many of these were private sales and not illegal. There are different caches on the farm, also, if you can’t get to the weapons here. There are enough weapons to equip about 25 people with 1,000 rounds minimum for each one. There are other caches of weapons and ammo around the town strategically located and different ones are responsible for different caches of clothing, food, weapons and ammo as well as medical supplies and water purification supplies. Many people are involved but in working on the cell mentality, if one gets compromised then the others will be safe or safe long enough to get away or to safety. Penny, you and Eric are exceptions in that you don’t know about the organization per se, but you are doing everything sorta in the open so the “sheeple” can see what works and how it works. You are our public image so others can do the same and prosper but if something comes down, your support net will swoop in and “rescue” you so you can rest assured that you aren’t hung out to dry. There may come a day when you being so “visible” may have to disappear until it is safe for you to come back into public view. We have several safe locations and not all are known to everyone. Each cell tries to maintain their own safety net of houses and supplies. There are other communities we have set up like this with their own groomed leaders as there is no way to anticipate which location or community may become compromised due to a natural or man-made crisis. My job is to get you up to speed, promote you as our public image and help others to emulate your successes. Are you both up for the challenge?” Louise ends on a taunt.

“Louise, I can’t wait to make a difference and learn how I can help others to be prepared. I thought I was a outsider cause I couldn’t see too many people prepping or preparing for bad times but evidently they were being “grayer” men than I was.”

“At college, I was all the time trying to think of ways of getting others aware of what was going on in our country but most just wanted to party or study or just get through college. It didn’t seem like they were living life, just going through the motions. I like sports and having a good time but that’s something to do every once in a while not all the time and with the right person even work is a good time.” Eric winks and smiles at Penny as they go down into the cellar.”

“Ok, boys and girls, show me what you have found and then I’ll show you what you haven’t found.”

Eric proceeds to open up the corner into the secret room and they all enter. Eric and Penny start running around showing Louise what they’ve found but Penny stops and stares at the guns and ammo. “Louise, there’s no way this is enough ammo and weapons for 25 people.”

Louise laughs, “Didn’t I tell you there were other caches around the farm?”

“Oh, yeah you did.”

Penny starts to go to another item to show Louise until Louise continues. “You’re just giving up that chase that easy are you?”

Penny stops and looks at her with a slight frown on her face, then smiles. “No I’m not, so there must be more hidden space.” At Louise’s nod, Eric and Penny starts trying to see if there are other hidden doors.

Eric finds a rock outcropping which is actually a hidden hiding place for extra guns and ammo while Penny finds an opening into a sub-cellar where more food and clothes as well as a sleeping place with an ingenious stream into and out of the sub-cellar. Looking up Penny sees a false ceiling which turns out to be more storage as well as a baffling system to soundproof the area. There is even a composting system in a little alcove with supplies for the “facilities”. Another alcove appears to be a little grow room while another appears to be a little aquaponics setup.

Eric turns to Louise, “How does the grow room and aquaponics work?”

“The fish actually are swimming in and out of a pond lower on the property, you can shut the gate down at the wall and it traps the fish in so you can have some growing in here in case of a nuclear or volcanic event and you can separate with a solid gate rather than the meshed gate. There are also solar panels around the farm which feed back here that you can turn on or off based on if you need to shut down the solar to the rest of the farm or part of it.”

“This is amazing, and I see that the lights are led and are red and blue lights to mimic the parts of the spectrum which give the most growth capability. Penny, look the ventilation system looks like it can be shut down or opened up. I read about one of these filter systems, they’re like what they have on submarines. All these things take a lot of money, where did it all come from?”

“Eric, some of the families such as the Johanssens were wealthy in their own right and brought their hidden wealth, or part of it as they left some for their villages to help them recover, they brought it with them to help them set up their new homes and carry out their plans to be watchmen to prevent evil from ever getting a foothold like that in America. Others have been working and donating to their caches and improving their safe houses. Think of it as a community of sub-villages, independent in the short run but inter-dependent in the long run.”

“Amazing, simply amazing. Penny, love, we have a lot to learn but I also think we still have a lot to do. I am not so worried about how to take care of you now and in our future.”

Penny holding a Colt 1911 and checking out the action on it, said “Eric, darling, I thought I was the one who had your back and was watching over you!” Coming over to Eric, she winked and grinned before pulling his face down and giving him a peck on the cheek.

Eric responds with “As long as I can watch you coming and going, you can have my back all you want!”

Louise, Penny and Eric all laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by crice118 View Post
    Attachment 2698
    Thought you might want to see where they're at, and there's a reason the farms are on the west of the town

1 Pharmacy/Little Market

2 Dabney's Realtor's

3 Town's clinic/doctor

4 Vet's place

5 Historical museum

6 Feedstore

7 Armory

8 Library
    Love the story. Can I move in?

all 3 of underground shelter of the underground
    Attached Images Attached Images

Chapter 10

“So, Penny what do you think about this setup?”, asks Louise with a mysterious smile.

“It is almost unbelievable. To think all this has been created over several years, just unbelievable and to think that I knew nothing about this. As close as my aunt and uncle with the Johanssens I would have thought they knew about this.”

“Who said they didn’t know about it? Remember when you left for that 6 month program then a 3 month follow up on business management and farm management? Your aunt and uncle has a similar setup as this. Work was going on around the clock. Excavation, reinforcement, building, construction reinforcement, they had storage units and tractor trailer units which had materials, equipment, components to be put in. Everything is setup and ready to start running just like here. I have been coming here every so often and checking on it while you were gone on dates, at meetings and getting your supplies for the farm. It’s all in a go position but I was not to let you know until I thought you were ready based on education, thought processes, and onboard with what has been planned and coordinated.”

“Louise . . . I . . . I don’t know what to say. I thought the farm was barely breaking even not too high to bet hit by taxes and not in the red. The money to get this done, is . . it’s unbelievable. Eric, what, uh, how, uh, what do you think of this? What do we do now? Louise, all this space it’s for more than just one or two people, It looks like it could hold 12 people maybe more, maybe less and now you tell me there is one more. Like my aunt would say, I’m gobsmacked.”

“Penny, I didn’t say there was one more, I said your aunt and uncle had one. Don’t ask about any other as that is not your concern and don’t ask how many or where they are as some aren’t even in this county or state. It’s all a part of the coalition. You didn’t think your aunt and uncle and others like you would allow any of their hard earned money to be leached out by bloated government did you? Money has been spent over many years for contracts to be fulfilled in the future for items, equipment, tools, raw materials and they have been stockpiled and used and replenished many times. Repair, replacement, broken, damaged eats a lot of earning up that stayed below the radar but improved the coalition’s plans and resources to support that plan. Whether it is man-made or natural, financial, physical, health, or whatever, the coalition’s watchword was prepared. If it was remotely possible some effort was made to mitigate the effects. The fact that so many things have impacts which are similar to each other such as enough nutritious safe food, sufficient shelter and heat, biodiversity for continued health and medicinal benefits. The list goes on and on that the coalition examined. Some were more concerned with natural disasters and its impacts based on where they are, others health issues based on population density and routes, others were concerned about healthy safe food such as here, some were working on financial security plans. They were all and still are focused on safety and security. They, we all defend the constitution and the United States of America. Not the president unless he fall in line with the constitution, not congress, not even the military or police if they seek to deprive Americans of their rights. And that is Americans, not visitors here who do not support of love America. We are not the policemen of the world. Other countries need to keep their lands safe, we are not here to bleed our lives out by trying to support the lifestyles of other. Aid is one thing but we are not a cash cow or banker to the world. We are individuals loosely joined together in a land of our choosing. We watch and prepare so that we can fight evil, identify evil and help others. That includes other countries but we do not go in and fight others’ battles, some of us go and assist. But if the land will not rise up and support their rights, we will not drag them kicking and screaming into freedom. I know it seems harsh but there are only so much resources and they are stockpiled against the evil coming. Other areas where the coalition is, and that does include other countries, watch, prepare, train and act as necessary. We are, we believe are on the side of right and we do hold each other accountable but we do not control anyone except ourselves. We also do not talk of this outside of secure situations and conditions. Do not speak of this, think of this, think on this but do not discuss, do not talk of it, not even between yourselves unless you are in a secure location like this.”

“So, Penny, where do we go from here. You have a site and I have one.”

“Eric, you and Penny are looking at this from the wrong perspective. You are leaders and guardians of these resources. Over the next six months, different ones of the coalition will approach you as I let them know that you are in mode for learning the leadership. Some will push you to test you, learn from it. Some will, on purpose, work at cross purposes to test how you resolve conflict and how you work out situations for the best according to what is right and in line with the Constitution. Grow, learn, develop plans you can live with and work. Eric you are crucial with the agricultural. Penny the same for you from a slightly different view. Now is the time to get mating pairs of animals for the ark here and the same for your site Penny. We have a second group coming in for this ark and they don’t know about the other one. No one is to know until the group will occupy it. You are the main ones for that one. Some of the coalition will surprise you, you know them by their cover not their real selves. They have been vetted and trained in their own position and are more than competent. At this point, what you’ve learned, I need a commitment or you get out of the coalition no more information, no access to any of the resources, you just have this root cellar and you’re on your own. If you go further, then it is a 100% commitment for the rest of your life. What do you say?”

Penny taking a deep breath, “This is what my life was molded for. I can’t go against my upbringing. I’m 100% in.” Turning to look at Eric, “Eric, this is your decision, you need to make your individual for yourself without regard to me. If something happens to me, you must be willing to continue for the rest of your life.”

“Penny, I don’t know how I would be able to live without you but this commitment is one I’ve already made in my heart, with or without you I’m already committed. Like you, this is what my life was meant to be.”

“Well, as entertaining as watching you two lovebirds coo at each other, I’ve got people to do and things to see as well as people to see and things to do. You will be hearing from different ones and I’ll be passing along information and money to get this ark and two sets for above ground and one for the Kempton’s place. Four sets as when some come inside some will need to be left above to give the image of trying to be normal as the enemy is already moving, and you’ll find out more about that later. As they say, chow baby!” Louise leaves the cellar and getting into her vehicle waves before basically driving off into the sunset, bound on her many tasks.

Chapter 11

Monday morning, the weekend after Louise enlightened them about the coalition.
    “Knock, knock.”

“Penny come on in, I was going over some spreadsheets and looking at different scenarios. Maybe you could help me some. Oh, and I have some cold tea made up in the fridge.”

“Great! That’s sorta what I was coming over about, plus I never miss a chance to be with you. I was looking at my lists last nite after what Louise had to say. I know we spend a lot of time together, but we also spend a lot of time apart as we go around doing the different little jobs such as the gardens, orchards, pasture and hay. Animals we have and what we need to get and where it needs to go. I think we need our own plans on what goes where, how long it could take, which areas need to be rotated for animals and so much more. If we had a weekly plan for evacuation to the arks then we could keep it simple and quick if, no strike that, when we need to bug in.”

“I was thinking along the same lines but more about our needs. What do we not have that we would like in a shtf scenario whether a financial crisis or a pandemic, even if Yellowstone goes. You know they’ve been having those earthquake swarms and even at times the roads and getting so hot at times the asphalt and tar are getting sticky and gooey. I’d like to know how the filters work and get some backups. I’d like some gear whether bio-hazard or just hazard suites if something major like that happened. One of the dangers of that is that the volcanic ash from the ring of fire on the west coast would blow across the land and come down as both dry and as rain and that could clog filters. It’s great that the outtakes are curved down so nothing can fall down in and that there are filters in place, even better that they are washable filters which can be used over and over and the rock wool can be used in hydroponics as a growth medium as well as a way to help keep rodents out of the ventilation system. I really like that there’s no fiberglass batting as that stuff is too itchy and you can breathe it into your lungs. I just want to make sure that on top of what is generically here, we have some of what we normally used in place for up to a year but some things even five years. I love my teas, all the flavors and I think we should be growing what we can or at least have the seedlings or small plants if something major happened and we had to do things from scratch.”

“That’s one of the reasons I love you, Eric. We always seem to be on the same wavelength. I was thinking there’s so much that is not only great to have but some of it is essential. If we have the little pick me-ups of having things we like, then we are better able to stay grounded. We don’t or won’t be more likely to be sick or to be down and not able to think clearly. I wouldn’t mind having 50 years of teas sealed in bags with oxygen absorbers or jars or in the 5 gallon buckets with oxygen absorbers and desiccants. On a different note, those paw stories that I read, they don’t really go over babies, diapers, baby blankets and clothes and other things like that for babies and little children. I know that one day I want children if God will allow me to have them and since the shelters each have room for 12 people. I think we need to expand our thinking.”

“Hold that thought. Penny, I love you dearly and I’m hoping that when you plan to have those children that it is with me that you have them and I do think we need to think outside the box of what most preppers or at least preppers in stories think about, such as if you have a dirty diaper what is the most sanitary, least sickness causing way of taking care of them cause little ones do a lot of dirty diapers. For that matter how do we take care of sick people? What if there is a pandemic or what about radiation poisoning, what if the water or food gets contaminated and someone here gets sick. I think we need to cover situations such as what do we do with waste or contaminated products while in the ark. For that matter there is also animals who do get sick and we would have to take care of that waste also as it couldn’t be composed and all the essential oils and natural medicines to take care of the animals. We need to dry blackberry leaves as that’s good for goats when they get sick. I think we need to make more lists and write down directions or results to add to the current listed plans. Now as to what you were talking about, what do you have in mind, Penny?”

Pulling a notebook towards her, Penny starts writing as she talks. “I think we need to not rely just on what some faceless coalition feels is right. I also think that we need to be aware of what is good for us, the community and the country. I’m not saying we shouldn’t listen to the coalition. I trust Louise, but, and this is a big but, in all my years I’ve never heard of the coalition, I’ve never seen anything of the coalition. Maybe it was ok in the beginning but is it still ok when the Johanssens and my aunt and uncle is gone? I don’t want to be all starry eyed and just take for granted that this mysterious coalition has been grooming me to do some great thing but I don’t want to shut the door on doing something good for the community. How do you feel?”

“I think you have a good point, I think they are on the up and up but all we have is hearsay. I want to do something important but like you, I think a bit of protecting us and our interests is very important. Until I find otherwise, I will be planning to use all these resources to prepare and plan for crises for us and for our community. I think looking ahead for the possibility of children, ours I hope and others is good thinking. Also, the elderly may have special needs. I we need to look beyond just who can be of value as most people can be of value, I think we need to look at who can keep the future recovery feasible. We need to look at resources, books, videos on dvds, look for skills, capabilities. If a major catastrophe occurs, we need skills beyond ours and we need defenders. I think we need to feel out the people in the coalition to make sure it’s not a puppet army. If we don’t know others and don’t know what they think, maybe they are thinking something other than what we think they are. Convoluted, I know, but cloak and dagger only works if everyone is bought in on the same ideals.”

“Eric, you bring up some good points. I think first of all we need to pray together for guidance and wisdom and as you said prep for us as well as the arks. I am a little concerned that I don’t know about the ark on my aunt and uncle’s . . . I guess I need to say my property as the probate is finished and the property is mine now, well, I don’t know where this ark is but others do and I don’t know who they may be.”

“Yes, it is a little disconcerting that others know things about your and I guess I need to think of this as my property as the probate on my property is over, also. I wonder how that fits in with the coalition’s plan as I can’t think that my relatives would have not left something explaining things, unless, there more and they were concerned to leave anything in writing on it. Penny, let’s keep on with our lists. I think a trip to the big city for some ‘fun’ is in order. There is a Babies ‘R Us and other stores where we can get some items on the lists we have and other things we will be adding on. I think we need to some of our discussions to ourselves but talk to Louise and her ‘others’ enough not to make someone think something might be up. Well, my love let’s work some more on these lists.”

“Lead on, McDuff.”