DBAL-I2 IR Laser with IR Illuminator

Trijicon Miniature Rifle Optic (MRO
FLIR Scout TK
Mt. House Freeze Dried 1-Month Starter Unit

Combat team tactics class MVT mobile Georgia 10/17

MVT Georgia Mobile classes October 2017

Just finished up five days of tactical training with Max Velocity Tactical at an MVT mobile class held on a private range in South Georgia.

ctt2017.jpg

The first three days were MVT flagship class Combat Team Tactics and the fourth and fifth day were the Direct Action class.

Safety note- this was all done on a private range on leased land that I have been developing for quite some time. All shooting was done into large target berms strategically placed with additional berms placed further in depth to provide further safety. No houses or structures are anywhere in the direction of shooting. This is an extremely rural area and even beyond the multiple berms there is literally miles before any structure or building is present. Suffice to say safety was a major concern and was looked after properly.

Day 1 began on the square range. Various weapons manipulations were gone over including dealing with multiple types of malfunctions under stress. Many people may "poo poo" this type of training but I noticed that by far at least 80% of the class did or could benefit from more time spent on weapons manipulations. This later would show under the pressure of team drills on the woods ranges. This day also gave people some time to fix any ganked up gear and rifle issues. And the class definitely had it's share of that- from a squid round almost blowing up a rifle, to bad mags that didn't seat correctly, to odd modifications to firearms that seemed to hinder the proper manipulations of that firearm system to the normal gear shake out stuff that happens with new students.

Only the haughty and the over confident believe they can't benefit from more time spent on manipulations. And from what I saw almost the entire class benefited greatly from this part of the class.

The first day ended with movement exercises as teams on the square range that included working around a vehicle as well.
    ctt20172.jpg

ctt20176.jpg
    Day 2 began with numerous drills explained in the classroom then put to practical application in the woods.

Despite the little "Cliff Notes" I gave the class before Max arrived that morning, the class was getting hung up on movement in the woods because of the rows of planted pines. In the area the range is, there is a lot of planted pines. Picture pine trees planted more like a row crop- straight rows, more or less even spacing between the rows, etc. This creates the effect of channeling people in the same way walking down a street does. It was hard to break that. A good note on that would be that you could use that if you had planted pines in your area, the realization that it tends to suck people into corridors.

ctt20175.jpg
    The day 2 and 3 drills progressed from bounding drills with just two people to teams of four. These included forward movement and bounding back to get out of a bad situation. All drills were rehearsed first dry and then done live under close supervision with safety being the paramount issue.

ctt20173.jpg
    Lateral movement drills were also taught and done live fire as well as team assault drills. I don't want to give away the whole class, suffice to say come to class and you will learn more.
    CTT is a pre-req class for other classes MVT does, but it is also the standard for team tactics classes. I've done numerous classes of this type over the decades, and Max runs the safest and most comprehensive of these types of classes.

Here is another review of the classes-

https://maxvelocitytactical.com/2017...ty+Tactical%29

Direct Action class followed after CTT and we were able to get some really cool video of some of the class-

https://maxvelocitytactical.com/2017...ia-class-2017/

https://maxvelocitytactical.com/2017...ia-class-2017/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."

Not sure why the pics loaded sideways?

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed..."